Hi!
I started using two Minirig 3 speakers on my pedalboard. They are self powered and quite loud, and along the bluetooth wireless connection, they feature minijack sockets and alow chaining of multiple units. A sub bass unit is also available, but i don't have one. Mine are directly connected on the outputs of a DSM & Humbold Simplifier amp simulator, and they are a great solution to play alone on the go without an amp or cabinet. Of course they won't be powerfull enough to play with a real drummer.
I added this speaker to the "utility" section. If a moderator thinks such unit doesn't belong to a pedal board, please delete! But they are on mine right now :)
Cheers!

I can see another use for these as well: tuning while live. If they self-amplify, you should be able to use an attenuator cord to hook it directly to a VCO output, then when you suspect tuning issues, just plug it into a different waveform and hold the speaker up to your ear for adjustments. Given that you've got some volume with these (apparently), this should be sufficient to let you hear the VCO against the PA so that you can correct things. This would be very useful for synthesists who don't have mixers with a CUE function.

It could work, but it could be also tricky in a live environnement if the PA is very loud. And dangerous for your ears if you have to cranck it up and get it very close to one of them. In this situation, maybe an external headphone preamp with a closed headphone is preferable (and also cheaper in you need it for that purpose only, as there very cheap headphone samps available).