Being newer to modular, I wonder if what I experienced is just the nature of the beast that is modular that I should just get used to or more of an anomoly for an apparently popular module.

One of the modules I've been wanting to initially get added to my slowly growing rack is the Frap Tools 321. I put my name on notification lists for a couple stores so I would know when they were back in stock...apparently, that is not an efficient way to get something that is out of stock (and apparently wildly popular).

I recieved an email notification from a store last night that they had them back in stock...when I went to the storefront to get an order in this morning, it showed them as out of stock. My initial thought was that they just had not updated their inventory online but when I reached out to them, they said they had sold out of them already...so much for adding your name to a email notification when something is back in stock....LOL

JB

there's usually a buy and wait option as well

seems to me like the shop didn't do anything wrong, though - you were just too slow

if you see an email saying a module you want is back in stock then buy it immediately

do not wait do not pass go do not collect 200 of whatever major currency you use - just buy it

almost, if not all, production runs of eurorack modules are 'short runs' mostly in the hundreds or less, these then have to get distributed between retailers - so each retailer might get 10 or 20 modules - so selling out very quickly is not uncommon especially with corona added demand - it's not like white goods where they get delivered by the truckload

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

there's usually a buy and wait option as well

seems to me like the shop didn't do anything wrong, though - you were just too slow

if you see an email saying a module you want is back in stock then buy it immediately

do not wait do not pass go do not collect 200 of whatever major currency you use - just buy it

almost, if not all, production runs of eurorack modules are 'short runs' mostly in the hundreds or less, these then have to get distributed between retailers - so each retailer might get 10 or 20 modules - so selling out very quickly is not uncommon especially with corona added demand - it's not like white goods where they get delivered by the truckload

-- JimHowell1970

Not faulting the shop at all...more power to them if they can sell them out that quickly...just wishing one of them would have been to me :)

I literally got an email in my inbox late last night (11:49pm) and saw it first thing this morning...hopped on to their website at 7:30am this morning and gone...lol

I will definitely be upping my 'monopoly' game going forward and not passing go and collecting 200 ;)

JB

https://wigglehunt.com

may be helpful - they aggregate availability of modules - you enter the name of a module and it sees if any are available anywhere in the world

there appear to be 321s available

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

https://wigglehunt.com

may be helpful - they aggregate availability of modules - you enter the name of a module and it sees if any are available anywhere in the world

there appear to be 321s available

-- JimHowell1970

Thanks Jim, will definitely check this out!

JB