https://www.modulargrid.net/e/versions/view/52510

Am I assuming its ok to plug the outputs of this module using the level to turn down the level to the line in of my UAD Apollo twin?

just want to use my audio interface and modular without hooking up my laptop sometimes in which case I use the ES8

ModularGrid Rack

would appreciate someone replying to this as I don't want to ruin my expensive UAD Apollo by pumping in modular levels of audio.

its fine man jeez

would appreciate someone replying to this as I don't want to ruin my expensive UAD Apollo by pumping in modular levels of audio.
-- greenfly

Seems like an opportune time to remind yourself that this website is not your personal free customer service, but rather a place where people come to have fun and help each other. A simple "thank you" might go a long way, but YMMV I suppose...

--- Voltage control all the things ---

-- greenfly

The Apollo should be able to handle it. Eurorack level is around 10V. If it doesn't have the headroom it'll just distort. If we were talking 100V then I'd be cautious.

If you're worried, buy a line level output module that converts synth level to line level. I don't think you have a lot of room left in your case. But you could easily swap out your expert sleepers modules for a line level output module and just pop in the expert sleepers modules when you need them.

@hexcrank and @Ronin1973

Thankyou much appreciated. I also have 1u space in my Intellijel case and was thinking of getting the 1U line output module but
then wondered if it was just a simple attenuator. I have asked mosaic the question on Facebook but no response so far.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/mosaic-line-output-black-panel

ModularGrid Rack

@toodee - be quiet

The 1U is worth getting for the dual INPUT and OUPUTs. The outputs are a nice way of interfacing with the rest of your studio. It takes the question of "can I connect this to that" and puts it to bed. You seem to have a nice budget for gear. So I'd get that and be done with it.

The 1U is worth getting for the dual INPUT and OUPUTs. The outputs are a nice way of interfacing with the rest of your studio. It takes the question of "can I connect this to that" and puts it to bed. You seem to have a nice budget for gear. So I'd get that and be done with it.
-- Ronin1973

Thanks Ronin, yes you’re right. It’s only £30. I was just wondering if I was pretty much replicating the functionality of my doepfer mixer though . The workflow would then be 4 mono inputs to doepfer mixer which are then connected to the mosaic 1u which is then sent to the uad Apollo and then out to speakers.

If the mosaic has some special auto reduction to line level built in then it’s a no brainer, but right now I’m assuming it’s just a manual gain stage. I’ve still not heard back from mosaic