Interested in hearing whats your favorite modules for maling textures Are?

And not meaning revers and delay modules

BUT ONLY Eurorack Modules.

Right now im just using a 2hp play module loaded with my own samples

But what is out there thats interesting and dont cost an arm and a leg.

https://www.facebook.com/BrokenFormAudio

Got a Mantis Case and a Grandterminal+expander for sale,PM Me

this user has left ModularGrid

Mutable Instruments Beads, Rings and Plaits are my favorites with Plaits.

I must give another shout out to Joranalogue Morph 4 for its ability to mix / morph / scan signals (CV or audio) even at audio rate. NOT a signal source, and not super cheap, but an interesting and powerful tool for experimental stuff & sound design.

Keep Them coming

The Rossum Panharmonium is fairly expensive but excels at texture.

Okay, some other ideas, if you're open to digital
-- I'm hearing some really buck-wild stuff coming out of QuBit Organic Wavetable and NE Loquelic Iteritas Percido
-- the Xaoc "Leibniz Binary" system & modules are worth looking at

I've had some really interesting results in the DAW from some heavy digital smashing put through really lush delay / reverb. The digital harshness is beautifully tempered by a lush spatial effect.

SO if I wanted to put a bunch of $s towards an interesting texture setup I might do something like:
-- a wide ranging and barely controllable digital OSC like NE Loquelic Iteritas Percido
-- a granular module of choice
-- the Xaoc "Leibniz Binary" system
-- Panharmonium
... with some mixing thrown in where needed in the middle of that, plenty of CV modulation, and some lush FX on the end of it

I really don't focus on textures myself, so take this with a grain of salt. BUT you seemed hungry for more ideas, so here's a few more!

Cheers, NG

Serge ResEQ

@troux, I don’t get from looking at Serge ResEQ what’s good about it for creative uses. Would you mind giving some explanation / examples? Thanks! NG

Hey @nickgreenberg, the ResEQ opens up a ton of textural space for drones, feedback, field recordings, etc. Take a simple field recording case, you've got some insects, you route it through the ResEQ and cut all the frequencies but let's say the top and the bottom (or whatever combo you want) and it still sounds like insects or whatnot, but in a new weird fashion that's connected but not identical to what your ears might expect. With drones it lets you emphasize the textures that might jump out as interesting or that you feel are interesting. Honestly it's a wonderful module.

Thanks @troux that makes sense. BTW reminds me of some Heinbach vids I watched a little on YouTube. @broken-form if you haven't already watched Heinbach vids IMO there's a lot in his recent vids that would be helpfulfor interesting textures

Awesome thanks Guys.i already got the reseq on my list for modules to check out.will check out those videos

this user has left ModularGrid

I have been experimenting with Morphagene and Erbeverb from Make Noise and can get some interesting textures. Same with Make Noise Mimeophon.

Well it's technically a delay unit, but the SOMA Lyra-8 FX is so crazy it defies classification. I find it's an outstanding texture-making machine.

Talking of texture...
I had some noise patched through a VCA and then being filtered by the T-Networks ADDAC103 a while back, varying the level on the VCA to control volume to a fairly low level you can get static or something akin to Record crackle out of it, I'm assuming other filters will do this as well as the T-Networks but I've not tried. It was a nice background element to play with or just tweak occasionally and bring in and you and sweep / delicately ride the control on the 103.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

some great tips,keep them coming

since you're still looking for other ideas, I gotta mention some software domain stuff:
-- SonicCouture stuff including GeoSonics and others
-- some of the Native Instrument lineup like ScannerXT, Form and others
-- a lot of the GlitchMachines lineup particularly for "tech" sounding textures
-- Spitfire Audio BT Phobos
-- or any sufficiently wierd sample set (like Zero-G Ian Boddy Odyssey) run through granular and other mangling

There's SO much in software, it's really worth a good look. And so much on holiday sale presently. Some modest $s would get you a bunch of the relevant software.

AND assuming you have a DAW to modular setup (like Expert Sleepers unit) you could pass your DAW texture audio into modular for additional mangling

since you're still looking for other ideas, I gotta mention some software domain stuff:
-- SonicCouture stuff including GeoSonics and others
-- some of the Native Instrument lineup like ScannerXT, Form and others
-- a lot of the GlitchMachines lineup particularly for "tech" sounding textures
-- Spitfire Audio BT Phobos
-- or any sufficiently wierd sample set (like Zero-G Ian Boddy Odyssey) run through granular and other mangling

There's SO much in software, it's really worth a good look. And so much on holiday sale presently. Some modest $s would get you a bunch of the relevant software.

AND assuming you have a DAW to modular setup (like Expert Sleepers unit) you could pass your DAW texture audio into modular for additional mangling
-- nickgreenberg

I would like to be able to do it in the eurorack.what i do now is load my own samples inro the 2hp play module.

A module that looks awesome for textures is the addac 112