I'm new to the modular world and for my first system I bought a second hand Make Noise Skiff (powered), and started populating it with some modules (tbh I wanted a smaller case, but I don't regret the buy).

I have a question about it (more out my curiosity): its sliding nuts are M2.5, but from what I see most racks/cases uses M3 screws (and all the modules I bought were supplied with a set of M3 screws).

Can I replace the sliding nut from M2.5 to M3, will they fit into the Skiff's grooves?
Did anybody else tried this mod before?

For anybody wondering how the Skiff is looking out now (still pleanty of room available, but as a starter I'm super happy like this, no need for anything else at the moment, and pleanty of possibilites. If you wonder: I have also a Korg SQ1 and Arturia Keystep to trigger sequences and sounds):
ModularGrid Rack

You'll probably have a lot less hassle if you just buy a pack of M2.5 Befaco knurlies, and don't worry about switching out the actual sliding nuts from the case.

Yes, that was also my plan, to get some Knurlies! I took a better look yesterday evening at the Skiff, and the spacing of the rail is so tight, a M3 screw won't fit.

I think i tried when i had one and i could not get M3 sliding nuts in.

Btw today I mounted a new module inside the Skiff (Black Noise Sallen Key MS20 filter), and also some blank panel.

I got as many blanks to close all the holes inside this 104HP long case.... and big surprise... I'm left with exactly a 2hp gap at the end! does anybody else ever noticed this additional space on their Skiffs?

I got as many blanks to close all the holes inside this 104HP long case.... and big surprise... I'm left with exactly a 2hp gap at the end! does anybody else ever noticed this additional space on their Skiffs?
-- gila_crisis

I don't have this specific case but i've noticed in some others (including my big DIY cabinet) that if i squeeze everything tightly together i end up with an HP or two left that "shouldn't exist" compared to distributing that space into a tiny gap between each module. I prefer to keep the slight bit of space between for easier mid-rack swaps when i feel the need.

and those tiny gaps are great for ventilation...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Btw today I mounted a new module inside the Skiff (Black Noise Sallen Key MS20 filter), and also some blank panel.

-- gila_crisis

I had the same experience with the 104 hp skiff - a gap was still there after filling up all the 104 hp, I am not sure though it was exactly 2 hp, never took any measurements. Btw, I am selling mine (104 hp, powered, original PSU, a pack of M2,5 screws, shipping to EU ), is there any way to list a eurorack case in the Marketplace here at the site? Thanks!

I am inspired by birth, death and the events inbetween.

https://youtube.com/@aphewgoodman