This track was my main production project for August. Worked on it a little too long, but I am happy with the final patch.

Patch Notes:

Boss DR-670 Kit: 16

BeatStep Pro BPM: 80 Key: C
Clock [Out] to Moog Mother 32 [Tempo]
SEQ 1
Pitch to Mutable Instruments Plaits [V/Oct]
SEQ 2
Pitch to Synthesis Technology Circuit Bent VCO [V/Oct]
Gate to Doepfer Dual ADSR [L Gate]
SEQ 3
MIDI to DR-670

Mother 32
VCA Out to Endorphin.es Milky Way [L In]
Assn to Moog DFAM [Adv/Clock]
Gate to M32 [Mult In]
Mult 1 to Rebel Technology Stoicheia [L In]
Mult 2 to Plaits [Trig]

DFAM: Kick & Bass
Pitch to [VCF Mod]
VCO EG to [Noise Level]

Rebel Technology Stoicheia
L Out to Make Noise Maths [Ch. 2]
R Out to Plaits [Harmo]

INSTRUō øchd
LFO 4 to Plaits [Morph]
LFO 5 to Maths [Ch. 3]
LFO7 to Mimeophon [Color]

Doepfer Dual ADSR
Env. 1 Out 1 to Maths [Ch. 1 Cycle]
Env. 1 Out 2 to A.I Synthesis Quad VCA [CV 2]
Env. 2 Out 1 to Maths [Ch. 4 Cycle]

Make Noise Maths
SUM to Plaits [Timbre]

Erica Synths Pico DSP
L Out to Endorphin.es Cockpit^2 [Ch. 3]

Mutable Instruments Plaits
Out to Make Noise Mimeophon [L In]
Aux to Mimeophon [R In]

WMD Triple Bipolar VCA
Mix Out to External Mixer [Ch. 1 Panned L]

A.I. Synthesis Quad VCA
Ch. 2 Out to Pico DSP [In]
Mix Out to External Mixer [Ch. 2 Panned R]

Moog DFAM
VCA to Cockpit^2 [Ch. 1]

Synthesis Technology Circuit Bent VCO
Audio to Quad VCA [Ch. 2]

Make Noise Mimeophon
L Out to TBVCA [Ch. 1]
R Out to Quad VCA [Ch. 1]

Endorphin.es Cockpit^2
Out to External Mixer [Ch. 3 Panned C]

Endorphin.es Milky Way
L Out to Triple Bipolar VCA [Ch. 2 In]
R Out to Quad VCA [Ch. 3 In]

Hi Fred,

Nice to hear from you again and thanks a lot for the detailed patch notes, very interesting!

The track is great, I love full energy and happy songs. For me this is a joy to listen at, it gives me positive energy and gives me a happy feeling! :-) Thank you very much for that and kind regards, Garfield.

P.S.: It looks like you enjoyed yourself too, great to see you at work.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Garfield, this one was an earworm that stayed patched for a while. Thank you, as always, for the kind words.
FF

Bonus points for the well made Video and the DAW projection in front of you! Such a nice detail.

Thanks Zugga, I've really been focusing on mixing, because recording multiple synth voices almost always entails working with broad frequency ranges. Articulating every voice in the overall mix can be challenging. This track was recorded all in one go through a four channel mixer, so I've learned that getting the initial recording right is so key.

Yes! I tend to "mix" everything down on the synth already and only record a stereo sum. Really challenging as the synth voices are so rich and tend to fight each other a lot of times!

Exactly.

Yeah! Great track. Some consider their modular setup as an "instrument" but this is a great example of it being much much more than an instrument. All the various pieces coming together like this form and entire orchestra. This is the real power of modular. Only a workstation type "synth" can do this kind of thing, but no workstation I've owned comes close to the hands on experience I get putting together whole tracks on my modular rack. Thanks for sharing. Cheers!

Thank you so much for this. I really do see it similarly. It is never a solo.