I know I'm missing something obvious but can someone tell me why when I go to take a snapshot of my rack it will only snapshot a different rack I made before and not the one I'm working on?

your help would be much appreciated.

How do you do the snapshots? Can you try to clear browser cache:
hold shift and reload page.

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

hey thanks for helping out.

I just press the screenshot button under the view menu.

tried what you recommended but unfortunately no joy. still screenshots a different/older rack configuration to the one I have up.

hmm..

I just press the screenshot button under the view menu.

I see. You click the screenshot button and then you see a jpg of an older configuration of the rack.
I am pretty sure that is a cache issue.

Press shift + reload after you clicked the screenshot button. Do it when you see the old image.
I will look for a more stable implementation...

thanks again. I tried what you said and on a different browser on a different computer too with the same results. I wonder if it's something to do with my naming scheme perhaps? I dunno.. does the screenshot default to a particular order of saved racks perhaps? I'm convinced it's me and not you. : )

Mhh, I can only check your end of sept 16 rack, because the others are private and that looks fine for me.
It has a lot of modules so I am not quite sure ;)
Are the private ones even larger? Does the screenshot feature works for you at small racks?

does the screenshot default to a particular order of saved racks perhaps?

If you create a new one the older will be overwritten.
If you still see the older one that typically is cache issue. Maybe a proxy server?

You can try to create a screenshot from the Command Center, the loupe icon does this.

no the others are same size just earlier configurations. didn't realize I set them to private. can un-privite if it would help.

just tried the command center. weirdly when I go there I see the end of sept 16 rack but when I zoom in it shows me an older rack. the update screenshot preview (loupe icon?) button on this page doesn't seem to provide a screenshot. it refreshes the page and shows me the correct rack in small format. when I press the "+" icon to zoom in it changes back to an older rack.

hey I just duplicated the end of sept rack and now I'm able to get a screenshot of that. weird.. perhaps there was something stuck in relation to the cache for the original one. no idea.. anyway, at least I know what to do if I hit this little bump again. thanks for your help.

the update screenshot preview (loupe icon?) button on this page doesn't seem to provide a screenshot. it refreshes the page and shows me the correct rack in small format.

It refreshes it in the background.
That is a good sign. If the rack is correctly displayed in small format, that means the screenshot generation works.
Can you please check this:
In Command Center click the first Icon of a thumbnail: Zoom In.
It opens the (old) screenshot as a jpg in the browser.
The URL looks like this:
https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_334231.jpg

Now change that url by adding ?ts=12345 [12345 can be a random number] like this and hit enter.
e.g.
https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_334231.jpg?ts=12345
Does this do any good?

unfortunately I can't tell now because when I zoom in it now shows me the correct rack to begin with. some strange anomaly with that particular older configuration perhaps?

thanks again.

Just a glitch in the matrix
Glad it's working for now for whatever reasons. I will look into this the next time ...