Hello!

I am completely new to modular, and planning a very specific rack. I would like to have a portable system that performs various layered, slowly evolving overtone-meditation sequences. Much like throat singing, Ohm chanting, singing bowls, etc. I would like to keep it small and affordable, and I don't need overly complex rhythm and structure modules. It would be very much centered around shaping the waves into interesting and enjoyable sounds that would stimulate the brain in as many ways possible. This is a rack I have put together based on what I have investigated and on what I have found is available (and not too expensive) in Europe. Four modules in there I have already purchased (Dixie II+, EON, VCADSR and Tangle quartet), the others are just ideas. For the layering I guess multiple oscillators are a must, but I was happy to find the harmonic oscillator that outputs the first eight harmonics as separate sine waves. I think I might need more mixing/VCA and effects for the outputs of my oscillators. For now I have added two tangle quartets but that might not be the best solution. Worth mentioning that I also have a Microbrute and a Novation midi controller that would possibly be part of this setup.

I would love to have some help on this project before I start ordering random stuff I will never use in the end.

Thanks!

Bruno

ModularGrid Rack

Hi Bruno,

for the throat singing/formant sounds you will need banpass-filters.
There are also special filters like the Rare Waves Grendel...

Hi, @moriyama. That's a very helpful comment, I'll definitely look into it. Thanks