Hello all!
I'm new here (long time lurker)

I have a way of working in my DAW That i'm happy with but I want to move it into a live context.

Instead of investing in guitar pedals, a live mixer and Midi controller I'd rather start acquiring eurorack modules
which will be far more versatile, powerful and be a better investment (for when I inevitable take the plunge)

The way I work is based around 8 or so midi channels of Euclidean patterns fed to VST's samplers etc.
I essentially want the ability to send 4-6 channels of audio form my soundcard to a rack so I can process the signals there
(using effects in a tactile dub-like fashion) by taking these Midi channels and converting them into triggers and control voltages

ModularGrid Rack

I've started sketching out a rack above and I'm looking for suggestions really for work flow, the 'mideco' may not be the best way of converting the incoming midi to control voltages/triggers and I know there are alternative live mixers around (wmd- to pricey, blue lantern - seems like its been discontinued or very hard to come by - certainly in europe)
and any suggestions for effects modules would be great. Anything that mangels audio in an interesting way, or any versatile dsp effects modules.

Expert Sleepers makes great modules for getting stuff out of a DAW and into a modular. Check out the ES-8 (USB) and ES-3 (ADAT) in particular. In combination with their Silent Way plugin, you can even send CV directly to your modular from your DAW. No MIDI conversion required. You also might want to swap out one of those performance mixers for a Mutable Instruments Frames. Does something similar (signal routing) but in a unique way.

@captbleep thanks for the suggestions. frames looks it could be incredibly versatile in the long run.

Clouds really needs an attenuation module as a patch pal, so you can control the amount of modulation you send to the parameters and have more subtle modulations (compare, e.g., the Echophon, which has attenuverters on board for this job (the white knobs)). I'd also think about getting something like a Wogglebug which would give you a tactile random source with which to modulate your other parameters.

Mixer wise, you might look into the Intellijel Dub Mix with the Aux expanders.

Also, maybe have look at the Phonogene.