ModularGrid Rack

Hello all, and thank you for looking! I'm planning on expanding, and have a couple modules I'm planning on getting (I enjoy making meditative experimental/ambient, but also would like the ability to make complex rhythms/modulations), but am very stuck after that:

Decided on:

Clouds: Sample manipulation is very appealing to me, and I want to play with it past the "instant ambient" settings.
Ears: Plan on using this in conjunction with my Korg SQ-1 and other external gear.

After that, my mind races a few different ways:

LFO: The Batumi seems really excellent for an interesting modulation source, but the price makes it to where I am not 100%.

Maths/Rampage: Rampage looks really appealing, but everyone screams GET MATHS so much that it has affected me.

Phonogene: This module looks SO COOL. On the other hand, it's a lot of $$$ for cool.

VCA's: I have heard great things about both Blinds/Veils, but I'm not 100% confident of which one would be more beneficial in my small rig, especially going forward.

VCO's: I'm kind of set on an Erica Wavetable VCO/ Mutable Braids. The amount of versatility just seems to great. The Pico VCO is also a contender.

Filter: I haven't thought too much about this, but I do like the sound of the Manhattan Analog ma35.

So essentially: what would provide me with the most fun going forward? I plan on this building and acquiring many of these modules, but don't feel like making the mistake of "oh I bought this awesome module, but I can't use it without more voices/modulation/whatever."

HI and welcome. All the modules you have listed are great choices and you cannot go wrong with any of them.

Do not expect to make the right decision and be set once and for all, though. As you go on, try things and learn, your views and needs will change. My general advice would be to go from few and simple modules to more complex and bigger, because: Once you mastered the simple stuff you will know why exactly you need the bigger/better/faster/more. And only then. Probably go second hand as you loose very little when you pass stuff on later. And there's always one more module you will want to try.

ENV: Maths vs. Rampage -- pick either. I guess there's a lot more people out there having experience with Maths and that's why you hear the Rampage being praised less. Did you watch the DivKid video about the Rampage?

VCO: Both Braids and the Black WT are great. Oh and I like the Pico because of its small footprint and price.

LFO: I started out with a big complex quad LFO with a gazillion features. Now I'm using this. Not saying Batumi isn't great, just that you will not need all of it on day 1.

VCA/CV tools: You will need both a mixer and CV conditioning , not either or ;-)
I'm getting great use out of these two. They go a long way for very little money.

A personal note: Big complex modules with a deep menue holding a ton of options are great. They can also be a great obstacle when you just want to make some spontaneous music.
Now re-read that second paragraph ;-)
Cheers!