So since I purchased the CV:OCD, I can now generate pretty wild CV signals.

So what modules could be fun for this?

I already purchase MI Clouds for this.

i'd be interested to hear if anyone's made a "wavetable" like CV modulator you could use to TRIGGER pitch & envelopes with & break out of "hard syncing your advanced LFO to tempo & ADSR" straightjackes and create sounds that boing, ahhhh-whoop, scratch & wobble. i'm not really into anything i hear coming out of the most complex this modulates that patches i've heard as they only operate at the bar level and not the note level.

along similar lines, i still haven't heard of anyone, even digitally as a VST, make a module for dubstep style bass wobbles. it'd be nice to be able to modulate wobbles LIVE and have them be fat analogue tones at that instead of those bright digital ones that DON'T sound like bass at all unless you have a real subwoofer that moves air like headphones don't.

as to what DOES exist, i originally had a batumi + expander & quad clock distributor in my play rack, but from what i was able to glean from the description for pamela's NEW workout, it sounds like it does everything they can and so much more with PRESET MEMORIES, but, maybe someone might prefer knobs & sliders for live performance.

while it's a wavetable oscillator/effects unit, and a pretty sick one at that too, i know you can at least generate complex wavetable LFOs out of intellijel's cylonix shapeshifter and use the LFOs as oscillators as well as use the oscillators for LFOs too.

i hope to learn some interesting stuff out of this thread and as the CV:OCD is new to me, i'm going to check it out and see if it does any kinds of modulation that sound interesting to me.

OH! OK... it's midi to CV, like the #4 rated of ALL eurorack modules expert sleepers ES3 MkII & its associated expanders. yeah... it seems like the BEST way to modulate a rack is through MIDI where you aren't squeezed to death by perfect timing straightjackets and can record, edit & save modulations at whatever the ppqn limits of your sequencer are. i'm just learning about the nuts & bolts of modular and as far as i know, hand drawing or capturing mod wheel performances are the best way to take control of a rack's modulation & break out of its LFO/ADSR/portamento box.

really, someone should make a digital module that lets you draw your CVs that you can TRIGGER along with non ADSR curves for its onboard VCA(s) along with sync to midi/clock or tap tempo (LFO mode?) and maybe have a "morph mode" where you could do dubstep wobbles or even modulate cough cough cough filters and do sweeps. why would anyone want to do THAT?!

OMG! i just learned about the SICKEST CV modulator ever, because it works almost exactly the same way it would if i designed it, and i imagined a module very much like it, only it wasn't step based, though, when you can alter the timing of every step, it's the next best thing to hand drawing, my module would be used to modulate notes, so you can play your "boings, wobbles & scratches" and my modulator would add a second layer for amplitude modulation for extra complex sounds, but i guess if you synced a couple expanders, you could modulate a VCA & a VCF, all with entirely different envelopes than pitch, besides patching your CVs to "whatever it is you modular heads do" said he with an accusatory tone. LOL

anyways, check control forge out. it's only 100 times cooler than maths or rampage and at least 10x cooler than pamela's workout (as far as i understand it anyways)

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/rossum-electro-music-control-forge