for some reason the site wont let me make this 104 hp, so I've just left it at the max allowed, 84hp. hopefully a mod will do something about that.

Mod has fixed this.

is this output stronger than Audio Interface II from Intellijel?

Not sure it matters unless it is just intellectual curiosity. This module is not available without purchasing the Make Noise "Shared System".

However, since it says it is line level and "will drive long cables", I would guess the output is +4 dBu ("Pro level") like the Intellijel unit is.

If you need something "stronger" than line level, you might consider just patching your modular directly into your mixer, as long as you're careful. Modular levels are much hotter than line levels, so you could burn out the preamp on the mixer or interface unless you keep the gain knob turned down.

thanks for the info, appreciate it

i was just wondering what the difference was if any, trying to free up some space and felt its redundant to have both

i bought a case from MakeNoise with the CV Bus but have only used it for patching purposes not the line out to my Apollo

didnt understand the single 1/4" out till recently

had a custom cable made for me so i should be able to test it out personally soon

thanks again

why isn't make noise selling the cv bus without their system?

why isn't make noise selling the cv bus without their system?
-- ghee hgt

Because it is their marketing “strategy” - some things you just get exclusively when you buy a whole expensive though wonderful system - just wealthy people can afford - think of their modules no black/gold available also just exclusively with their systems - I hate that idea because it exclude others who cannot afford it - where did the idea of modular go?

It hasn't gone anywhere, really. The idea of having all modules from the same maker goes back to the beginnings of synthesizers, when you had to rely on full systems from a manufacturer. The difference now is that all of these different full systems can 'talk' to each other plainly, whereas before you had all sorts of different CV and gate/trig standards that weren't always compatible. Full systems give users the ability to use that older paradigm...but they work just like any other modular in that they speak the same CV/gate 'language' and, if you desired, you could pull one of the full system's modules and drop something of your own preference in. That's the point of modular.

Yea they are taking the same walled closed garden approach of Buchla which I don't like either. If I was gonna spend 5k for a full system from one vendor, it would be Buchla or Serge. They sound amazing and top synth masters use them.

-> It hasn't gone anywhere, really. The idea of having all modules from the same maker goes back to the beginnings of synthesizers, when you had to rely on full systems from a manufacturer. The difference now is that all of these different full systems can 'talk' to each other plainly, whereas before you had all sorts of different CV and gate/trig standards that weren't always compatible. Full systems give users the ability to use that older paradigm...but they work just like any other modular in that they speak the same CV/gate 'language' and, if you desired, you could pull one of the full system's modules and drop something of your own preference in. That's the point of modular.

-- Lugia

I did not mean that and I get your point - but if you want this CV bus for instance you won't get it - "sorry we sell it just in our completes - thank you for your understanding" - if you like to buy a optomix or erbe-verb etc. - "sorry we sell it just in our completes - thank you for your understanding" - for the rich and wealthy people who can get that as a one-timer because the can afford...
or every ten years in a special occasion offer - which you can order just directly at their store - so a problem for non-US citizens...
you know what I am saying - I bought a system cartesian - I also bought their 104 skiff and wanted to go slowly (because I ain't no rich) the way in direction to a MN complete system - after checking to get the next MN module in black/gold I made that very nice experience I described above - I should have informed myself before all of that - I know - stupid me :)...
...and yes, at the end it is the FUNctionality and SOUND etc. that counts but also if you like your system in black(/gold) you will just get the silver versions of some of their modules because of their "open minded" strategy - and I know some small companies offering face-plates in black so you can exchange - but you know...

At least you can buy a MN 6+1Ux104 case with the CV Bus in it. Saves you selling all those modules at a loss you didn't mean to get in the first place. That's possibly a worthwhile option if you plan to use the René sequencer that is not working properly with many non-MN PSUs.

At least you can buy a MN 6+1Ux104 case with the CV Bus in it. Saves you selling all those modules at a loss you didn't mean to get in the first place. That's possibly a worthwhile option if you plan to use the René sequencer that is not working properly with many non-MN PSUs.
-- wiggler55550

oh yes - you are right... thank you... at least that :) ...

I would still buy a full MN CV bus system if I had the spare cash to burn as I have enjoyed my 0-coast quite a bit and NIN synth master Alessandro Cortini uses one on his music along with Buchla and Verbos and Elektrons.

Yuppers...Joe knows how a serious, hardcore factory-built system should be put together, to be sure!

And yes, you can get the CV Bus in the 7U case. Besides, with many of these companies, it's not like you're dealing with a bunch of suits...they're usually run by musicians just like us, on budgets that're often just like us as well. If there's something that you've got to have, then just ask 'em and see what they say. Most of the time, you'll find Eurorack builders to be a very approachable lot, and certainly not a bunch of restrictive asshats who only cater to the ultra-rich. They're in this to please users and get their gear into peoples' hands, and often enough, flexibility is the name of the game for these companies.