Yesterday I received Erica Synths' Monster Case, new Black VCO and Expander, and the Fusion Mixer V3. Excited to hear the new VCO I patched it to the mixer along with the sub mix, twiddled the knobs and had a great time. (All while I should have been doing other things.) The VCO sounds amazing. Clear and crisp. And a lot of grit if you want to dial it in. Then I ran the output through Erbe-verb just for giggles. Holy Cow! I have never heard Erbe-verb sound so good. I've since played with the Black VCO more and the expander. Love it. Top quality build and the sound is amazing. Finally, the VCO also sounds great through Rossum's Evolution filter. I wonder how Evolution compares with Erica Synths' Fusion VCF.

i like the control forge & tube

Hey, bubblefunk! I've seen you around these parts

The tube mixer is a dream. I love it. Very glad to have it. And the Erica Synths Monster case (6U) is great. I am replacing my Elite Modular portable cases. I have two in great condition. While the ES Monster case isn't really portable. It is nice to have the extra width. The depth is nice, too. I didn't think I would like a tall case but I do.

The Control Forge is another matter. I haven't had time to delve into it much. I've done basic stuff. And I read most of the manual(!). It's a complicated piece of equipment and it is going to take a while to wrap my brain around it. I find I have to sit with a module for a while so my brain can ponder it. The more complicated the module, the longer the pondering. But I'm excited to get playing with it. I watched a lot of videos on YT of people using it as a sequencer. While it can be used as such it seems a waste to me. It's so much more than that.

I see in one of your cases the MI Rings. What do you think of it? Have any tips for me? I've played around with mine, but I haven't dug very deep with it yet. I found a guy on YT called genshi. He has some inspiring songs he's put together featuring Rings. I've learned a few ideas to try from listening to him.

This is not the portable but looks so good. Make noise and Erica have the good collaboration. I am wondering this monster case of the portable 7U make noise case or Erica's portable case.... Difficult to decide now.