Just released a new album on cassette (1st tape ever. love the format!)
using the current 12u tour rig. All modular. No computers were pinged in the making.
Flux genre, hybrid orchestral glitch transmissions and idm oddities.
https://sunfalls.bandcamp.com/album/dreamminus

a lot of that system is over my head. i'm just learning modular, and would never build a stand alone system without at least a keyboard & i don't get into analogue sequencing or complicated patches, i HATE maths! LOL

the one thing i can say about this rack though is shapeshifter rocks! even if i had one, i doubt i'd ever fully understand it, but the things it can do... WOW!

a lot of that system is over my head. i'm just learning modular, and would never build a stand alone system without at least a keyboard & i don't get into analogue sequencing or complicated patches, i HATE maths! LOL

the one thing i can say about this rack though is shapeshifter rocks! even if i had one, i doubt i'd ever fully understand it, but the things it can do... WOW!
-- bubblefunk

thanks for chiming in bubblefunk :) modular can be a strange off-putting hurdle. . i must say getting into eurorack and out of the box sequencing completely changed my sonic experience. hope you liked the album release if you had a chance to listen.

nice album, thank you for posting.
can you explain please how you did the drums for example in track 3?

nice album, thank you for posting.
can you explain please how you did the drums for example in track 3?
-- wiggler128228

Hi there.. so, the drums are being sequenced by the Malekko Varigate 8 & Tiptop Audio Circadian Rhythm.
Cheers :)

Hi there.. so, the drums are being sequenced by the Malekko Varigate 8 & Tiptop Audio Circadian Rhythm.

-- sunfalls

thx! I wanted to know what is generating the sounds and also if they are filtered maybe via the warps or something?

-- sunfalls

thx! I wanted to know what is generating the sounds and also if they are filtered maybe via the warps or something?
-- wiggler128228

All the the sound sources you see in the case here on mgrid are my percussive voices. I've turned my entire 12u into a drum machine! Thats its focus. As well the effects & filters in the case are processing the drums.

Only a handful of hard copies left to ship!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BevghAKgLPC/?taken-by=sunfallsmusic
And tracking new material for the new year!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeB_QEQgbO-/?taken-by=sunfallsmusic

And here's a from the board recording of a set i did broadcasting live on Kboo FM's 'A Different Nature' radio show:

fun with Morphagene firmware options:

v157

vsop 1
inop 1
omod 1
gnsm 1
rsop 1

added Hex Inverter Mutant Brain to sync up creating fresh samples from digitone and ob6 desktop for the 4ms STS !!

Hmmm...with this sort of gearpile, you might want to look at Mordax's GXN when it's out. My pref would be to lose the 4ms DLD for it, but finding a place anywhere for that 20hp chunk of granular trouble, in your case, could be worth it.

indeed, i'm super excited for Mordax granular module as well :) DLD is my fav delay. i could do with 2! cheers

Xaoc Devices Zadar makes all your eg's jealous! Also, dual Plaits is super rad for cross-patching fm.

I'm new to eurorack, so I don't have much to offer on your rig other than amazement. Wanted to leave a message saying that your album is dope. "the fucking sweathearts" is a winner of a closing piece.

-- bubblefunk

I would suggest a Mordax Data. I'm new too. So I'll often patch a lot of my modulation CVs into the Mordax so I can visualize what's being done with my envelopes, LFOs, Maths (hehe), etc. A lot of times my expectations aren't what's really going on in the signal chain or I've made a mistake or assumption that just isn't carrying water. The visuals give me instant feedback as to where I am versus where I want to be. It's a whole different ballgame than a traditional all-in-one synth. I'm much more efficient using one of those at the moment. I'm learning my particular modules, practicing, and learning their limits and more importantly my limits. I'm no DivKid yet :)

I'm new to eurorack, so I don't have much to offer on your rig other than amazement. Wanted to leave a message saying that your album is dope. "the fucking sweathearts" is a winner of a closing piece.
-- TheTerribleFamiliar

thanks so much ! glad you dig it :)

excited for this cases perform-ability :) getting rigged up for a show next week with Hataken from tokyo and Plea here in pdx :)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnrwjUHlNXx/?taken-by=sunfallsmusic

Hataken (tokyo festival of modular founder) + SunFalls + Plea @ Beacon Sound here in pdx tomorrow night!
--> https://bit.ly/hatakenpdx

Also swapped out morphagene for tetrapad for this show, to play the digitone in real time via the addac 222 cv2midi module. its super fun doing chord stabs along the eloquencer sequencing 2 channels and all the modular drums as well

Live set from Beacon Sound here in pdx.
Shared the bill with the amazing:
PLEA in support of Hataken (tokyo festival of modular) US tour :)
12u drum machine, which is also sequencing the Digitone for lead fm duties and being processed by the modular as well.
Recorded live and direct in the case with the new 4ms Wav Recorder !
Cheers and thanks for listening if you have a moment.

It’s a wonderful day for wavetables! Just added the super expressive Waldorf NW1 module to the rack.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bte2c42lSyx/

pretty stoked on the new arrangement of my live drum rig :) sequencing and voices in the base and mixing and modulation in the lid :) check the latest pics on instagram for a view.

super stoked on the updated & rearranged rig from todays modular shuffle :)