So this is the build I'm envisioning!

I'm really looking for simple sounds (traditional mono synth) with lots of sequencing options to create melodic ideas.

I also have outboard fx I'm looking to integrate into the setup.

Any suggestions ?

ModularGrid Rack

You say you are looking for lots of sequencing options yet I don't see a sequencer? Are you using a monome grid to sequence? Right now, that A151 isn't doing you much good. For that you will need multiple sequencer channels to switch between. You could send two different random voltage outs from Pam's into the disting to quantize them, then into the A151, but I think you would benefit from a dedicated sequencer like the voltage block or metropolis. Also, where are your LFOs? SurePam's has LFOs but they are clocked and not all that fun to mess around with. I would get a Batumi, or swap out the Dual ADSR for a Maths which has looping envelopes. Next, my suggestion would be to add more filter options. I think you will get bored of only having the A-105. Maybe a less conventional filter with lots of options like Belgrad. Other than that this seems like a good start. However, what I really recommend is to take it slow and add modules as you see fit. If you went out and bought all these modules chances are half of them won't do what you had in mind. Take it slow, but most importantly, have fun!

Gotta agree here...this is a little too 'undercooked' at this point. 'Take it slow' is wise advice, to which I would add 'look at other examples', which is another great asset of MG, although you need to be careful to check ones done by the numerous users on here who've got some experience rather than using random examples.

As for sequencing...for something rather tight on space, you might even consider going outboard, since sequencers are usually space-hungry things. Have a look-see at the KOMA Komplex; that, in combination with a Monome setup, would be downright scary.

External processors aren't a bad idea, either (would let you lose the Magneto and free up buttloads of hp!), but remember that the right way to use them, in most cases, is to employ some sort of send/return module(s) that step down the signal to the effect, then step its output back up to re-insert it into the modular's signal level. Also, not a bad idea having that 1U tile row there, but keep in mind that Intellijel's tile format locks out all of the other tile choices, whereas you can kindasorta fudge Intellijel tiles into the 'conventional' format with a little ingenuity (and a bit of hacksawing on the mounting holes on their tiles).

Gotta agree here...this is a little too 'undercooked' at this point. 'Take it slow' is wise advice, to which I would add 'look at other examples', which is another great asset of MG, although you need to be careful to check ones done by the numerous users on here who've got some experience rather than using random examples.

As for sequencing...for something rather tight on space, you might even consider going outboard, since sequencers are usually space-hungry things. Have a look-see at the KOMA Komplex; that, in combination with a Monome setup, would be downright scary.

External processors aren't a bad idea, either (would let you lose the Magneto and free up buttloads of hp!), but remember that the right way to use them, in most cases, is to employ some sort of send/return module(s) that step down the signal to the effect, then step its output back up to re-insert it into the modular's signal level. Also, not a bad idea having that 1U tile row there, but keep in mind that Intellijel's tile format locks out all of the other tile choices, whereas you can kindasorta fudge Intellijel tiles into the 'conventional' format with a little ingenuity (and a bit of hacksawing on the mounting holes on their tiles).
-- Lugia

Hey thanks for the reply.

Why do you think its under cooked?

My approach is to keep it simple, not really into making new crazy sounds. Hence I would like to focus on making good melodies. Some might argue I wouldn't need to go Eurorack for this... and this is also what I have asked myself.

I will be sequencing with the grid and ansible. I think the pair can already do A LOT in terms of pattern creation along with shifty to create new melodic ideas. It can also do modulations on the fx processing side with the magneto & cloud working with the pamala's workout & chance. I'm planning to use the seq switch & T43 for different wave & octave variations.

I agree a LFO module would probably be good as what jburzy01 have suggested.

I'm planning to have some sort of sampler in there for live instrumental improvisation in the future.

Well, the Clouds sort of is a sampler. Admittedly, what it actually is is a granular sound processor...but since granular synthesis is based in chewing up incoming and/or existing sound into small 'bits' (ie: grains) and manipulating them, there's a lot of overlap there in functionality.

Ultimately, I have to agree with jburzy01: a lot of what you have there isn't going to behave the way you think it will. Using a sequential switch to switch between oscillators for waveform timbral changes, for example, will likely wind up giving you a kind of ugly result if/when the switching happens between major cyclical differences in waveforms. That'll often result in a nasty 'click' in the signal and not a clean 'morph'. Also, much of the timbral work in any synth happens with the filtering, and there's only one filter there, so it'll tend to sound more similar than different, especially at lower cutoff frequencies and resonance values.

Seriously, I would suggest stepping back from this for a bit and looking at other users' builds who're trying for a similar result, as well as studying what makes a synth that's renowned for the sort of thing you're looking for what it is. And not just recent ones, but going back to the 'classics' that people readily fork over thousands for; finding out why they're worth that will save you a lot of time and money when you work on your own builds.

Admittedly, this all looks easy enough: slap modules in box, patch, instant gratification. It doesn't work that way, though. The main reason I spend time on MG is because I'm repeatedly honing a certain idea, over and over, in order to avoid making costly mistakes when it comes time to fork over the cash. And I would say that that's what a good number of users on here are up to as well. Believe me, it's easy to make errors in judgement that cost a chunk when you're first diving into something spendy like this, and fortunately things like MG do exist to help that from being the norm...but that only works if/when you put the time into studying the possibilities and honing how they should be implemented.

So...step back, take a few deep breaths, and actually dive into a study of the 'whys' of what makes a thing the thing you're shooting for. And yes, you might find that this really isn't the right course. But before that, I would suggest spending some time, if at all possible, with a modular synthesizer to see the effective (and INeffective) ways to get the things you want done. And always remember: modular synthesis isn't THE way...it's A way. And there's plenty of ways to get most anything you can think of accomplished.

Yeh I shall look at other setups. But I haven't really seen /heard any setups on youtube that creates the sounds and the tone I imagine, they all sound too complicated.

I'm actually replicating this to sound & act simular to classic synths that I like with a modern approach.

With the seq switch I could add a voltage attenuator or something to smooth out the voltage changes? The timbral will of cause be different when fed through a filter if the waveform changes, and this is exactly the subtle change I'm looking for.

I appreciate you taking the time for the advises, but I really need specific suggestions on the modules and the setup itself.

Anyways I will study more on the modules that I've chosen.

btw do you have some modular music you can share, like to get an idea of the sounds you create. Maybe our idea of sound is a bit different.

Thanks!