I'd like to know what y'all think of something like this for "recording" and looping outside samples.

Hm...well, first up, I'd discard the Erbe-verb in favor of using something outboard for reverb effects. This is a pretty small build, so keeping things as mission-critical as you can is a good idea. Chuck the scope and blind panel also. As for the Clouds, keep in mind that Mutable discontinued that module.

Next...and this would be a MAJOR sort of 'Oh, s**t!' moment if you did this as a physical build...how do you plan to get external audio in without an audio input module? You have to have that; line-level audio won't cut it, since all voltages (audio and CV) within most any synth environment are a lot hotter than either consumer or pro-level audio signals, and have to be preamped to get them to the proper level. Similarly, how do you intend on getting your audio back out? Yes, I see a output module...but no mixer. This is fine if you intend on cascading modules in series as an audio chain, but otherwise you'll have a problem separating the different processed signals without a lot of unnecessary knobtwisting. Your audio chain, to work well, needs to look like this:

[INPUT] -> [MULTIPLE (dividing audio to processing)] -> [PROCESSORS (in parallel)] -> [MIXER (summing paralleled audio)] -> [OUTPUT]

...and keep in mind that some of your devices are stereo and some aren't, so a mixer that has both stereo-ins and mono-ins with panning is a good idea.

Otherwise, yeah, this is a good idea...a lot of people don't think about using modular synthesizers as a sound processor, but the fact is that they've been useable like this since the start. In fact, one of the very first rock recording Moog usages was on The Doors' "Strange Days", on which Jim Morrison's vocal is being processed through Beaver and Krause's system which was used on those sessions. You maybe, possibly, might wanna consider a larger cab, though...