My first foray back into modulars, after selling off a 15U Doepfer system about 12 years ago. Things have changed wildly since then!

Anyway, curious about what might be good additions to my current system. The only module here that I don't already own is the Varigate 4+, which I'm definitely planning on adding. Also fairly certain I'm adding a Basimilus Iteritas Alter. And I'd like to get some reverb/delay/DSP in here.

Anyway, what's missing? I feel like I'm light on things like mixers and utilities, but the options out there now are just so staggering compared to "back in the day."

I should say that I pretty much just noodle around for my own amusement, in the ambient/experimental range... this is my only instrument currently, and is likely to stay that way, at least for a good couple of years. Thanks for your thoughts.

ModularGrid Rack

That's already a damn interesting compliment of modules...yeah, do the Varigate 4+, for sure. Also, fix the mixer and VCA lack with something like an Intellijel Quad VCA...does both with a lot of configuration options and the price is right on it. That way, you can make the uVCA exclusive for CV use and only use an extra off of the Quad VCA for CV duty when absolutely necessary.

Another sick and twisted mixer idea: a 4ms SISM...? Could be entertaining for scrambling CV signals...

I'll have to check on the SISM (the Quad VCA was already on my short list). Thanks!

It's a great way to mangle CVs...as you'll see, the acronym means Shifting Inverted Signal Mixer. It's just as crazy as the sound of that implies. I'd have to say that as far as CV mixing/modifying devices go, this might be the do-it-all in 12 hp device. Even more twisted is that it can also do offsets and it can be used for audio in some strange ways. Lots of custom configuration jumpers, too.

That is a wild looking module... definitely something to consider.