Lugia, Here's my idea for the 3rd row. How would you go about making the most out of this space? How would you construct a drum source using the extra space here? Thanks in advance!

It's damn close...you're making the right choices, but you just need to go smaller on some things to cram more in. The Pittsburgh ADSR, for example...you could just as easily jam in three 2hp ADSRs, and up the functionality in the same space. Or better still, divide that between 2hp ADSRs and EGsin some way. Also, with two Moddemixes in here, you could afford to drop one and go with more VCA-type mixing, such as a Happy Nerding 3X VCA; those would work in either Moddemix spot.

RCD w/ Breakout: smart move. With the Rene and Brains/Pressure Points, in addition to other devices that like clocks, that one module pair now gives you loads of timing options to spread out across the whole rig. But again, even if you start getting into this scale of synth, you're probably still in 'dedicated function' territory as far as drums are concerned. You only really get to the area where you can go 'inclusive function' when the cabs get particularly big, because you'll have ample space to establish several signal chains in their own right without having drums, etc stealing space that those module chains need. So really, I think this is going the right way as it is, and as I noted earlier, outboarding the drums may well work better.

Although, I should note, my take on drums in a modular is that they're better done in dedicated devices, and not in the modular at all. True, you can do that...but I think the current gamut of drum machines, sequencers, etc do such a better dedicated job that unless you're building a percussion-specific modular, you're better off using an external device.

Great! Thank you so much for the quick replies. This seems like a great direction and I will definitely do this!