https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_506256.jpg

Hi,

This is my first Euro Rack, i am not new to synths but very much so to modular.
My goal is to make a "space" ambient modular euro rack. :-) In a Intellijel 84HP 7U case. With modules that are great at what they do, and with a lot of multi functionality. Like the type of functionality of "Maths".

I would appreciate all feedback possible. Is there any module that would compliment my setup? Have i missed some crusial function that i need for it to work? Like a clock generator or such?

Thanks in advance!
Johan

VCAs. None in evidence in your build, and you very much need them. Get something like Intellijel's Quad VCA so you have several in a smaller space that can also function in either linear (for CVs) or exponential (for audio dynamics) modes.

VCAs. None in evidence in your build, and you very much need them. Get something like Intellijel's Quad VCA so you have several in a smaller space that can also function in either linear (for CVs) or exponential (for audio dynamics) modes.
-- Lugia

Thanks lad, i was considering that. Then i thought Frames could function as a VCA. But i guess i need a proper quad VCA.

Do i need a clock? Or like random generator?

Hey Wedoh,

I was in a very similar position a while back and a number of folks on here helped me out with some good advice (esp. Lugia). I wanted to make ambient, generative patches with a 7u synthrotek case. I'm sharing a picture of my rig just for reference purposes. I own all of these modules, save for the Disting, Plaits, and a few of the 1u tiles. Happy to share my thoughts on specific modules and patches if you're interested.

ModularGrid Rack

Clock and random are there up in the tile row. And while the Frames can work as an audio VCA, you really need a couple more linear, DC-coupled ones for controlling CV levels. The Quad VCA comes to mind mainly because you can also sum signals with it, but there's plenty of other options that can do much the same.