Guys, is there just ANY video, where we can see how this module is operated by a professional theremin player playing a melody?

11 videos of bleeps'n'bloops and one about Etherwave Pro is no good at all.

Asked Coralie by email. Maybe she tried this module and got an opinion

any use to you?

this is just a quantized bleep-bloops, not a "professional thereminist playing a melody"

Ah, ok. Apart from the sci-fi bit at the end I wouldn't call it "bleep-bloops" but good to know where you're coming from.

I did find this video also...

Better to watch on YT so you can read the description. I'm no theremin expert, but it seems to me if you want the A-178 to sound more akin to a real theremin you need a pair of them as in the video. Perhaps I'm mistaken but didn't Doepfer design this as a way to use the principles of the theremin as a control method for Eurorack modules, rather than as a 'true' theremin. :-)

Guys, is there just ANY video, where we can see how this module is operated by a professional theremin player playing a melody?
-- spooncrackling

Probably not. If you read the info on Doepfer's site, you'll notice that this isn't exactly a "traditional" gesture controller. It has some obvious drawbacks, especially regarding the capacitance, that would tend to make it less of a "proper" rod or ring. It seems to me that it would make infinitely more sense to use a Moog Etherwave Plus to send proper CVs and gate to a modular, given that the Etherwave has its aerials in optimized positions already and the circuitry is designed to deal with this sort of thing. Plus, it's a wooden box (NOT metal) which should be easier to control and calibrate, and it can be located away from metal or other things that might cause an unexpected signal.

Probably not. If you read the info on Doepfer's site, you'll notice that this isn't exactly a "traditional" gesture controller. It has some obvious drawbacks, especially regarding the capacitance, that would tend to make it less of a "proper" rod or ring. It seems to me that it would make infinitely more sense to use a Moog Etherwave Plus to send proper CVs and gate to a modular, given that the Etherwave has its aerials in optimized positions already and the circuitry is designed to deal with this sort of thing. Plus, it's a wooden box (NOT metal) which should be easier to control and calibrate, and it can be located away from metal or other things that might cause an unexpected signal.

-- Lugia

Oh, thanks for explaining.

"Control eurorack with Etherwave Plus" is what I am doing right now. But when I saw again those A178, I got a spark of a hope that I possibly can dramatically reduce a size of my road case (minus one etherwave, which is definitely more room to put a more pairs of socks). But I still want to be able to play all things I can do on a "normal" Etherwave.

Again, thank you for keeping me in place!