Hey All,
I've been doing some research for a little while. Coming from the world of fully constructed synths (Moog Little Phatty, Behringer Model D, and an Oberheim Matrix 6). I found myself more and more just playing these synths with the intention of playing long modulating notes that go very deep places, so I want to make the plunge.

I am a little space constrained so I am looking at housing everything in a Intelljel Palette (62HP with one 3U row and a 1U utility row). Here's what I put together as an initial idea. I know for sure that I want the Mutable Instruments Plaits (it sounds amazing), but want to make sure I am in shape for my objectives around ambience. I think I am but the feedback would be much welcomed.

Here are the modules in the main row: Mutable Instruments Plaits, Make Noise Wogglebug, AI Systems AI002 Mixer, Make Noise Maths, Mutable Instruments Ripples, Intellijel uVCAII

Here are the modules in the 1U utility row: Pulp Logic Sample & Hold, Intellijel Multi-FX 1U, Intellijel uMIDI 1U, Intellijel Stereo Line Out 1U

Thanks everyone!

I think this is the rack you are talking about? You can just add the link, so it's visible for everyone.
ModularGrid Rack

One thing i see at first sight: You can't mix Pulp Logic and Intellijel 1U modules, they have different dimensions.

I think this is the rack you are talking about? You can just add the link, so it's visible for everyone.
ModularGrid Rack

One thing i see at first sight: You can't mix Pulp Logic and Intellijel 1U modules, they have different dimensions.
-- modularSteve

ModularGrid Rack

-- modularSteve

Yeah, that's it. Sorry - It wasn't clear how to copy the pictures in (head a dense moment). Thanks for the call out on the pulp logic. Newness showing.

Hi there-- I think you have some good choices here, but here are some suggestions:

1. Replace the 1u effects module with something like Erica Synths Pico DSP.
  2. Replace the current VCA with the Intellijel 1u dual VCA.
  3. Add in a 1u Sloths from Nonlinearcircuits. It's a fantastic modulation source, and it's tiny and cheap.
  4. Replace the MI attenuator/mixer with a 1u version. Transient Modules makes one that is 1u and Intellijel format.
  5. There are tons of ring modulators out there in 3 or 4 hp... so I'd replace the Pittsburgh module with a smaller version.
  6. If you make those swaps, you should still have somewhere between 4-7 hp left to play with. Use that space to add a Disting. It just barely fits into the Palette case, and it basically does whatever you need it to do.... extra VCO, ring modulator, filter, reverb, LFO, etc. etc.