Just slowly putting this thing together.. trying to decide if the Performance mixer is overkill or not, i'm super interested in the Metron for sure especially with the Votlera... BUT that's a looooottt of space

Looks like a killer setup to me. Would you find any value in the Quadrax gate expander for this rack? I use it all the time.
I'm thinking the Performance Mixer is going to be my next purchase. Seems like it would be pretty valuable for the way I work. I've also been eyeing the Ataraxic Iteritas, but I can't tell how flexible it is. Do you have much experience with it already?

Looking pretty spot on to me, don't know all the modules in there, but it seems like a nice balance!

I would add another small mixer and some wave folding or some other tonal modification options!

I suggest something like Bastl / Casper Waver and / or Feedback Observatory :)

Looks like a killer setup to me. Would you find any value in the Quadrax gate expander for this rack? I use it all the time.
I'm thinking the Performance Mixer is going to be my next purchase. Seems like it would be pretty valuable for the way I work. I've also been eyeing the Ataraxic Iteritas, but I can't tell how flexible it is. Do you have much experience with it already?
-- farkas

The Ataraxic is fairly flexible but i keep going back to the Loquelic tbh.. The AI i found to be the most "tame" but the paramateres often required other parameters to be up as well, so i spent more time wondering why one pot would be doing nothing haha. I put it there since i already own it and it is a fun voice.
The Gate expander might be cool, i'm trying to think how i would use the end of the rise though... haha. I should probably watch a few vids on it. Thanks Farkas!

Looking pretty spot on to me, don't know all the modules in there, but it seems like a nice balance!

I would add another small mixer and some wave folding or some other tonal modification options!

I suggest something like Bastl / Casper Waver and / or Feedback Observatory :)
-- Kel_

Yea im starting to realize that a simple wavefolder can make any oscillator waaayyy more complex haha. I think i have a small CP3 Mixer around here where. that might come in handy! Thanks Kel

no mimetic in this case, why?

Just curious, why did you dismiss the VCMC? I’m planning to buy one to modulate a Digitone, or maybe I should wait for the new CV Thing :)

The case looks well designed and very groove-box capable.

As far as the bottom row is concerned, I don't have any experience with the Metron + Voltera. However, if I were in the market, I'd be tempted. It looks really powerful. And the Performance Mixer might be large, but the routing capabilities plus simultaneous CV on level and pan are hard to beat at that size. I've been looking at Happy Nerding's PanMix plus a matrix mixer for my own needs. I don't think it matches the purpose built design I'm seeing here, but it's a possible alternative approach.

For the top row, what do you have in mind for that empty space? I like the idea of adding a wavefolder. And with so many full voiced modules, I think I'd want a way to dial in either a level or a modulation into specific groups of voices. That still leaves space for another effect or dedicated CV mixing.

That was a fun mental exercise. I can't wait to see what you decide.

How many mixer channels do you need? I love the Toppobrillo Stereomix module (24 hp) for my case, but with four channels, you have to exhibit some prudence in wrangling the audio signals. Cheers, Luca

Looks good and similar to what I am trying to build in a an Intellijel 104 HP case. May want to check out the Befaco Hexmix and Hexpander as an option for a mixer - it may save you some HP.

Just picked up a Metron myself to start my rack but not sure about the workflow of the Voltera - may at least get one. Per your vids definitely getting a Mimetic Digitalis and also a Arpitecht. As chrisusu asked why no Mimetic in your case?

Was also thinking about the WMD percussion modules but its just to much space and I really like The Division Department 01/IV and will just deal with it being outside the rack. BTW just picked up a Launchkey Mini and love the arp functions!

no mimetic in this case, why?
-- chrisusu

That'll stay in the Palette case :) too useful in there haha.

For the top row, what do you have in mind for that empty space? I like the idea of adding a wavefolder. And with so many full voiced modules, I think I'd want a way to dial in either a level or a modulation into specific groups of voices. That still leaves space for another effect or dedicated CV mixing.
-- CaneMan

I was thinking the same, wavefolder or some other voice modulating type of deal. maybe even another Quad CVA to handle some CV things as well.. So much of this is trial and error and you won't know until you buy it patch it and love it or hate it haha.

May want to check out the Befaco Hexmix and Hexpander as an option for a mixer - it may save you some HP.

Just picked up a Metron myself to start my rack but not sure about the workflow of the Voltera - may at least get one. Per your vids definitely getting a Mimetic Digitalis and also a Arpitecht. As chrisusu asked why no Mimetic in your case?
-- sixdonuts

Damn i'll watch some more on the Hexmix, a lot of recommendations towards that one. I just looove the faders idea on the WMD. but i could be convinced.. haha

Thanks for the input everyone!

Very cool work-in-progress! I spent a good chunk of time on a similar-ish rack concept, though mine focuses more on sampling, because I wanted to replicate some of my favorite aspects of the Digitakt while adding some more front-panel control and a few bits of Octatrack functionality. I decided to keep it within 6U 104hp to fit into a Mantis, and it ended up being a really interesting challenge. If you're interested in seeing where that took me and what modules I ended up choosing, it's all here (still a bit of a work in progress, as all racks are): ModularGrid Rack

Regarding the mixer part, I ended up going with a couple modules from Tesseract Modular's Tex Mix series, and I absolutely love them. As far as I can tell, it's a one-man shop in Spain, and the guy is super friendly and helpful, so I try to mention his stuff anytime mixers come up as a topic. You chain the modules to create the custom mixer of your dreams, and they're all very affordable. I went with the Slider Man module to get some fader controls into the mix, and it works like a charm. :)

PS: I didn't realize it would auto-embed. If that's messing up the conversational flow, let me know and I'll mangle the link to keep it from filling so much vertical space.

The Intellijel Multi-FX is cool, but why not something more modulateable?

The Intellijel Multi-FX is cool, but why not something more modulateable?
-- August

Happy Nerding FX Aid is absolutely the best in multi-fx devices within this form factor!

If you're still considering mixers, I recommend you check the ADDAC802. It is a VCA mixer with great utility in a compact space. Sounds great. 6 VCAs. Independent outs on each channel, two independent/assignable mix outputs. I'll be honest, I don't love the red color, but you can order any color you like for extra $.