This thing is amazing. Of course, 99% of it is the IR3109 chip itself. A real classic sound. Behringer clones are nowhere even close to the feel of this sadly.

Are there any similar modules using NOS chips? I'm pretty tired of clones and "almost there" and want the real things to be honest. Like an actual SSM2044 for Eurorack. Or a BA662A in Eurorack format. I have had pretty great results with the MUM-M8 which is based on the S950 style AKAI filters too.

Don't know why 20-30 year old chips sound better than whatever current tech can put out to be honest. I quiet never heard anything like a real IR3109 with todays tech. Or vintage Moog.

Are there any similar modules using NOS chips? I'm pretty tired of clones and "almost there" and want the real things to be honest. Like an actual SSM2044 for Eurorack. Or a BA662A in Eurorack format. I have had pretty great results with the MUM-M8 which is based on the S950 style AKAI filters too.

AMsynths has a lot of stuff with NOS ICs, including BA662, BA6110, SSM2044. I dont think MUM M8 actually uses any NOS chips, it sounds unique cuz it uses a switched-capacitor filter IC.

Don't know why 20-30 year old chips sound better than whatever current tech can put out to be honest. I quiet never heard anything like a real IR3109 with todays tech. Or vintage Moog.

The difference is literally the parts aging and going off-spec, the method of production for modern synths and ICs isn't all that different to what it was 30 years ago, at least not in a way that would affect the sound. Of course some digital stuff sounds great cuz it's 12 or 8 bit but it's easy to replicate that nowadays. in 30 years all the modern synths will have a different sound too