https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_1246542.jpg?1592649531

Hi everybody ! (I am sorry I don't know how to insert the image of the rack you have the link above)

I am currently using the 0-coast as a bass sound in a setup with the octatrack and my guitar. The octatrack is controlling the 0-coast via midi and I run then the output of the 0-coast to my zoia pedal for effects.

So far I really like the sound I get but I have to sample them in order to play live and it is a shame because I really like the feeling of playing it live.

Therefore I was thinking expanding it with a 4u - 64 hp intellijel case with Polyend as a preset to be able to use it live and to get a "controlled" modular system. I also like to add a second voice for a bit more texture and plaits sounds great IMO. I also added a stages module. For the 1U, I thought a clock generator, the duatt and the FSR could be usefull utilities.

I am left with 18 hp in 1U and 16hp in 3U.

Would you have any recommendations for the remaining modules? Should I replace some of the modules ? I don't need any effects as it is taken care of with the zoia pedal.

Thank you very much in advance !

Hi Frenchili,

If you are in "My Modular" in the rack that you want to share with us, copy the URL of that rack you are editing in My Modular, paste that URL in a link here in a post, that should work. With preview option (before you submit your post) you can check if it works.

Since you are in "My Modular" anyway, you can directly delete this rack ;-) Sorry for being so frank but that's far too small.

Yes you got already the 0-coast, Zoia and the Octatrack, a fantastic combination by the way, I know already someone who got this and you almost have everything already, perhaps an additional 0-cntrl and then you actually not really need any more a Eurorack... :-)

But if you want to go into Eurorack, even if you have already the above, then do it at least good and take at least a 3 times 84 HP rack or that Intellijel 7U rack (2 times 3U and one 1U row; each 104 HP). Consider a classic setup of at least 2 VCOs, EGs + LFOs, 2 filters, 2 VCAs to get started. Don't forget at least one mixer and an audio input/output module (can take the 1U for that). Leave some space free (half till at least one third) for future extensions/modules because you are going to need it if you are really going seriously into Eurorack.

Effects modules and sequencer you can use your current setup for that first so you can wait with those modules, get the basics right first, play around with it. Missing functionality you can do that (temporarily) with the Zoia till you know what module you want and then add such module but take it easy and slowly; start simple first and build up some experience is my advice.

Good luck, have fun with Eurorack if you decide to go that road and kind regards, Garfield Modular.

Edit: removed typo.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Hi Garfield !

Thank you very much for your honest opinion and for the advises !

So if I understood you correctly you think it is not worth it to expand on the 0-coast ? Of course I want to go full modular at some point and get a nice case with VCOs, VCAs, etc. but as you said I would like to start simple. That's why I thought adding some extra functions to the 0-coast like an additional voice such as plaits that I could mix into the balance section of the 0-coast or getting stages for modulations could be a nice introduction and learning experience.

Thank you very much for your insights.

Hi Frenchili,

You are welcome.

It's difficult to advice you on "is it not worth it to expand on the o-coast"... For one, I don't know you well enough and your current setup though you gave me already a good idea of it, on the other hand... of course Eurorack is a lot of fun but before the fun comes you need to really go deep into it with reading, checking, investigating the pros and cons, just a lot of home work to do. Since you actually already got such a nice equipment, is that really want you need and/or want? I think you should ask yourself that very honestly.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't want you to move away from Eurorack but with your current nice setup you really need to be sure that you want to go into Eurorack because it just doesn't come cheap and I don't want that you spent several thousands on Eurorack and after a year or so being frustrated with what it provided you. It might not go that way, you might love it like hell like I do. So there is, to copy someone's phrase here, no right or no wrong, either way will work out.

I don't know how good you know the Zoia already? With the Zoia you can do a lot what you can do in Eurorack as well but in a much smaller device, much, much cheaper than Eurorack. So why not diving a bit deeper in Zoia first (in case you haven't yet) and then ask yourself again: "Okay I love the Zoia, I like what I can do with it but here and there it might have limitations, so am I now ready for Eurorack?" And if then the answer is yes, yeah go for it :-)

Sorry, can't advice you much here, you need to figure that out for yourself and answer yourself that question.

Above all, take your sweet time for that, don't force yourself, at the end the most important part is that we enjoy it :-)

Good luck with the decision and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads