ModularGrid Rack

Would love to get some comments on what modules might compliment what I have in this case? I think it is going to generate some very interesting sounds.... I don't know why the picture does not show up. Sorry..
peace
Dr Space

Do you already have this selection of modules? Or are you planning to get them?

The biggest immediate need I see is for some modulation sources, and VCAs. I'd suggest something like Pamela's New Workout (8 linked clocks, LFOs, etc.) or Quadrax (4 modulation sources which can be anything from envelopes to LFOs, with lots of CV possibilities, along with something like an Intellijel dual VCA, or Veils, Tangle Quartet, or any other multi-VCA module. There are a million options out there, but these are crucial parts of any modular system.

Ola.. Yes.. these are ones that I have. I just don't have the case for another week or so. Ok.. great. I will look into a VCA then. Thanks for the advice.
Peace
dr space

I finally got my Cre8 nifty case and added the modules show. I am thinking about buying the Make Noise Maths. This seems like it would do provide the four VCAs. Thanks for the advice. The fun begins soon.
dr Space

Maths is not a VCA, and for a tiny system like this, it's probably not what you want. You only have 22 hp left in the case.

I'd suggest spending that 22hp on a quad function generator such as Zadar, Stages, or Quadrax. They'll give you tons of flexibility, and can even act as sound sources if you like. Those modules range from 10-14hp, so you'd have either 8 or 12 hp left. With that space, add a VCA module. Plenty of options... a dual VCA like the 6hp Intellijel VCA would be good. That would leave you a few more hp for something else, and I'd suggest a Disting mk 4 (because it does basically everything).

You are absolutely right. I also the the teleplexer in this case that was not in the picture for some reason but good advice. I will look into this.. Was playing with it yesterday and running the chips and cells into the Geiger counter gave a huge range of distorted or very cool alterations. Thanks for the advice.. Peace..