Hello, I have a problem with my rings. I can't transpose my sequences/notes. The range is very short (+1/-1)... when I exceed the range, it remains stuck on the same note.

Here is a video :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NMg77uffd6_Zg4xKqGP3wZNgJlLw7ns9/view?usp=drivesdk

I re-calibrated it and installed the firmware but nothing helped. I also tested with different settings in the midi control center ... it does not change anything. I have the same problem with the keystep. is this normal? otherwise what can I do?

Thank you

That doesn't necessarily sound digital in nature...I'm more inclined to think that there might be some sort of CV latching issue with the module, as it sounds like reaching a certain change amount locks up the latch. IF, of course, there's a CV latch in there.

i don't remember there being any latching in Rings...

does this only happen with rings? - have you tried the same sequencers with other sound sources and get the same or different results?

please describe exactly what you are doing - by transpose do you mean send a sequence to rings v/oct in and transpose the sequence on the way in or do you mean send a sequence to rings v/oct in and use the frequency cv input to transpose?

is it an original, a clone, a diy module you built yourself?

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thank you for your message. My english is quite limited ... i will do my best. in fact it is not only a question of transposition. Basically, when I connect a controller (bsp or keystep) cv gate to rings (cv to v / oct and gate to strum), I can only play the notes on a very limited part of the keyboard. Afterwards, no matter which note I ask it to play, it remains stuck on the same note (the last lowest note or the last highest note). We can hear it in the video. I can't go down or up in octaves, can't use the transpose function. No problem with my controllers and other VCOs. This is a DIY module that I bought used and I'm starting to think whoever sold it to me wasn't being honest.

Ask me if you need more details.

Thanks !

well it seems your English is good enough!!

have you tried without the gate patched to strum, a change in note should trigger rings

the transpose function is on the keyboard - so it is just general playing etc and not the frequency cv input

it certainly does not seem to be correct

I suspect you might be right about the quality of the build - was the vendor a known builder - ie have they built and sold a lot of these or was it just some bloke and a soldering iron?

I would initially try to contact the person you bought it off, describe the problem and see if they will fix it or refund - if you bought it with that possibility

if this doesn't work out then you might try the muffwiggler music tech diy subforum - there is a sticky list of reliable builders there - and of people looking for them - and there's also a mega - unsuccessful mutable diy builds thread - you may be able to find better help there!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Yes i tried this, same issue without Gate. i also tried with an lfo to v/oct ... It's seems better but I don't know what to think about it (im a noob) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NdgfzD0TuWfGqAxWikqJnADsC-Wbyt1J/view?usp=drivesdk

Im in contact with the builder of the module. If he cant help me... i will try the tech forum.

Thank you so much for your help.