cant wait to build it...

More like "I can't wait to blow money on something that won't work, no matter what".

OK, let's see...first up, you've got Intellijel AND "standard" format tiles in the same row. Big no-no. And given the Intellijel format tiles + the case's form factor, I'll venture a guess that this is a 4U Intellijel skiff...and it will be very interesting when that Tiptop uZeus gets dropped into a case that already has power. And what's with all of the buffered mults with only two VCOs? You DON'T need those.

The 3U row is...OK? I guess? Save that it clearly suffers from this "tiny build" problem, and there's a lot of misimplementations in there. Some of it is commendable...the Ladik Harmonic LFO, for example, is a really undersung device. But just ONE envelope gen between the VCF and two VCAs just doesn't cut it.

First up, kick the idea of building something this small right to the curb where it belongs. Just looking at this, I can see a number of places in here that WILL "fight back" as you try to patch through them, and quite a bit of this appears to result from the compromises being made to construct something in this form factor. So, dump this case idea, for starters...and go with something that makes more sense as a starter cab, such as a Mantis. You'll then have a very affordable 208 hp in which to reattempt this. This will also allow room for larger, more easily-tweaked modules where, at present, you've got this mix of those beside others that are just too tight. Also, you can then implement the PROPER amounts necessary of specific modules, such as EGs. And you can use the extra module space to put in "composite" modules that do way more than the basic small ones in here at present. For example, you currently have a single sample and hold that takes up 4 hp. But if you have just two hp more, you could (and SHOULD) yank that and replace it with a SSF Tool-Box...which then gives you sample and hold, rectification, a comparator, a diode OR, an inverter, and an electronic switch. THAT is how you deal with space constraints; leave the one-function modules for those builds that have WAY more space than this.

Save your money and delete this. Instead, spend your time and effort on trying to come up with something much more comprehensive and in a larger case. The latter will actually help with the former there, btw. And DO NOT just cobble together modules...take the time and study needed to examine ALL possible grouped functions, the form factor, ergonomics and so on ALONG WITH the basics that you want/need in there. These things are pretty costly, even when small...so take the time to do this RIGHT before you pull out the Magic Plastic. Takes longer, more effort...but results in far less buyer's remorse in the end.

Damn .. way to rip my heart out and feed it to me...

But I guess you're right. I'm new to this stuff. I was just going for "affordable". I don't expect to get it right the first time. I thought building a system was easy and that something like this would work together nicely. I'm truly disappointed and now I feel stupid. Will you help me?

@Nabroc, we've all been there, my first rack got radically revised on here too, and in particular did get much bigger. Could you start us off by sharing what you're aiming for here? Ambient? Noise? Classic modular sounds, or maybe just to explore? That should help us send you in the right direction.

@troux @Lugia
Basically, I've been practicing with VCV Rack. I use lots of modules with those exact functions. I just wanted something familiar. Not expensive. I want to be able to make kick drums, classic/experimental synth sounds, some bassy stuff, plucky synths, and that's kind of it. Its all I know really. Im not some wizard of sound, i just wanna make beep boops and be able to control it the way I know how. does that make any sense?
My goal this year was to build a modular system that I can use to create dance music that I make. I like to make house music with moogish drones, and plucked synth staccatos, strings, and bouncy bass, all that stuff. But i also want the luxury of experimental sound. Thats why i had a Sample and hold, so i could trigger it with a clock, send the signal to a atenuverter, send that signal to a quantizer, send the quantizer to a V/OCt, and generate some random tones. I dunno. just beep boop stuff.

Nice, sounds like you have a good idea of where you want to go and the fact that you've been working with VCVRack is great. Now it makes sense that @Lugia gave you an "Ok" rating on your 3U row, his "Ok" being most people's "Well done" lol. So, next steps, the Mantis recommendation makes sense and seems to be the general path forward, but since you're just starting out I'd limit my initial buy to 104HP and then grow from there. If you set this rack aside (but keep it for comparison) and make a new rack with @Lugia's advice in mind, working to maximize functionality to HP, you should get pretty close and then we can review again. SSF Tool-Box is a great suggestion, and I'd also suggest you take a look at some of my favorite modules for this stuff, Kinks, Links, Cold Mac, Zadar, Batumi, Ochd, Intellijel Quad VCA, and of course Maths. Now, don't pick all of them of course, but a few would go a long way here!

@troux @lugia
Thank you. I'll do my best to revamp my build.

Looking forward to seeing it!

And maybe in the meantime @Lugia will grace us with one of his patented Expert Builds 👀

@Nabroc I had a minute so I took your original rack as a starting point and made some adjustments:

ModularGrid Rack

Notes:
1) I don't believe the Mantis has a 1U row, so I removed that, but much of what you had there I replaced in other utilities.
2) The Ginko looks like a sick module, but I'm wondering if you have to code with it? Either way I might nab one.
3) I replaced the Erica Synths clock module with a PNW (which is really fantastic).
4) Kept the Ladik LFO, it looks sweet.
5) I added a micro Rings since you mentioned wanting plucks and strings and it's a really great Euro module.
6) Swapped in a Maths plus an Intellijel Quad VCA, Maths is great, can do EG and LFOs for you as well as attenuation/attenuversion.
7) Added an FX Aid since FX in the rack go a long way.
8) Added in a Happy Nerding Stereo Mixer as it's reasonable priced, three channels should be good, and it also has a headphone out so you won't need another module.

This comes in a good bit more expensive than what you'd posted, and I'm definitely using a few popular modules here, but I think it'd be a good starting point for exploration and that empty row at the bottom will give you lots of room to expand as you learn.

One more note, a contender that didn't make it into the rack above is the 4MS Ensemble Oscillator. If you're interested I can make a version with that guy in there, but tons of experimental range and can sound sweet and sugary too.