When the K-2 is mounted you lose the usb midi input. I have a Model D that i’m am sending my midi thru to the k-2’s midi in, but for some reason i get nothing from the k-2. Does anyone know what i’m doing wrong? (Sending midi via usb to the model d from Logic Pro)

But it did work before you put it in the rack? I don't have the K-2, but for the Neutron there were small dip-switches in the back, I think, to set the MIDI channel. Does the k-2 have those as well? If so, maybe you need to also remove that little board from the k-2's case and connect it to the k-2 in your Eurorack case. Just make sure it's affixed to the case in such a way that it doesn't short anything.

Yea so prior to mounting in my eurorack it worked fine on it’s own. The dipswitch is hard wired to the board in the K-2 original case along with power, midi thru port and line output. So no chance i can put that in my rack. I always used it standalone with some simple patching with the model D and vice versa. I never attempted to use either as a midi thru device until I rack mounted them both and now that is the only way i’m going to be able to get my D to feed midi to the K-2. I only have a Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol keyboard which unfortunately only has midi out over usb with no cv ports. Trying to avoid un-mounting the K-2 and i’ve seen very little out there in the way of people using it mounted. Scoured youtube for what seems like an eternity trying to figure this out too lol

And yet again, here's reasons why you DON'T take a synth that's already in a powered cab and...move it to yet another powered cab. Not only does it make the synth in question cost a lot more (because you have to take the Eurorack space costs into account), there's always a significant chance that you can fubar it while doing this.

Put 'em back where they belong.

Thanks for that completely useless response. They are designed to come out of the box as well. They just don’t explicitly advise on signal flow when doing so. Figuring out that signal flow is the point of this thread.

Well...it's your money and your gear. Have fun with that.

Thanks again for all of your useful contribution to the thread.