Hi there,

I’ve been making some good progress on my rack and was hoping I could get some feedback.

ModularGrid Rack

Would be nice to hear if anything you think is entirely missing. Also what else to fill in the rest. Seriously considering finishing the top row up with a second Mangrove - but on second thought the Cs-l sound amazing, and it fits perfectly, but definitely gets tight on mixers/vcas... Other things I’m considering:

• I’m looking for another sound source, but not exactly. 2 voices could be totally fine, but I think I’m considering adding something like an Arbhar to like spice things up a bit, not entirely sure. More effects sounds like the way to spread out my 2 sound sources to become many more things.
  • another filter (more on the fun/sound design side, not too interested in like QPAS but could be wrong)
  • a cold mac
  • a waveshaper or a phaser or Feedback Juno 106 chorus
  • another oscillator: either to a) modulate/carry and fm pair with mangrove, HO as well (could be ts-l, or anti-osc, or generate 3), or b) as another sound source, was thinking something like a basimilus would be fun but it’s a little too much. I’m trying to get closer to lead sounds because I just gravitate to bass stuff, so really open to suggestions here. The sample player is there for things like chords mostly (maybe vocals) so some kind of harmonic content in a way like that could be nice (thinking telharmonic/saich but they seem to have too much of a sound and can’t vary far from it) otherwise was also thinking of some Random Source stuff like the NTO and the VCFQ/VCFS. Also, have not been thrilled by the sounds of fm/complex synthesis just yet. Getting there with modulating the mangrove, though. So have given serious thought to a second mangrove.

Not sold on anything in the current rack except for the Verbos Harmonic Oscillator, Mannequins Mangrove and the Three Sisters. I am mainly thinking about how to best expand/complement these 3. Organic, warm. Thanks.

Edit: switched to a mantis to give it some more room..

Address is broken, btw...close up that space before "view" so it'll show the build.

The NTO, VCFS, and VCFQ are fantastic, I'd recommend all of them. Cold Mac is also pretty sweet, opens up lots of interesting interactions.

Address is broken, btw...close up that space before "view" so it'll show the build.
-- Lugia

ModularGrid Rack

It seems like a modulargrid issue and unfortunate time to post then :/

This one?

This one?

-- defragmenteur

Yes. Thank you!

Looks like everythings back... After some more thought, I think its possible to make a Cs-l work in there (though this will probably be a purchase later on down the road if it’s working out) . Might be tight on VCAs/Mixers if I try to go for a standard 3/4 voice setup, but if they are all talking to eachother, I think it could work. Put in the Bastl Grandpa to make the sample voice a little more functional and less static. Belgrad also seems like a great complement filter to add some character and also having a varied sound to get some different stuff out of it. Also moving away from the effects thinking, just the 2hp delay and the Desmodus Versio (as send effect) would fit everything I need.

Ultimately, if I can make this many voices work in such a small space, I think this will be able to cover a really nice variety of sounds. And the modulation allows for some exciting intermingling of control.