If you need the voltage offset, this module requires the channel above the channel to be offset to provide the voltage. So in effect it's 8 channels, but only 4 can provide offset. I got it to provide offset to OCHD, so this was a disappointment. This could be better documented.

great functionality but using it (at least for me) is pain, pots are too small and too close to each other and to jack inputs

If you need the voltage offset, this module requires the channel above the channel to be offset to provide the voltage. So in effect it's 8 channels, but only 4 can provide offset. I got it to provide offset to OCHD, so this was a disappointment. This could be better documented.
-- mntbighker

seems perfectly well documented to me - I just did a quick scan of the 1 paragraph of documentation and understood perfectly how it works - I think the issue you have is in comprehension NOT documentation

maybe you will learn next time to ask questions about things you don't understand fully, before buying!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I bought this module myself last year in november or december. At that time, user documentation was very limited and hard to understand. The module was being discussed on the modwiggler forum though. IIRC build documentation was pretty good.

The current manual dates from february of this year.

this is the modulargrid product page and Pusherman description

"ATN8 is an eight channel signal processor. It can be used as an attenuator, attenuverter, offset generator, mixer and CV source. A bicolor LED accompanies each channel to provide visual feedback of the output level. Each channel is normaled to the next one so it can be used as a mixer as well.

If there's no input on a channel, a selectable 5 or 10V is normaled to the input, these can be selected in two groups of four with the switches on top.

There are switches for each channel to select between unipolar or bipolar modes."

the 4th sentence (separated out for convenience) is the relevant one - but even looking at the controls it's kind of obvious that a single channel cannot do both attenuation and offset - only 1 knob, no switch

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

the 4th sentence (separated out for convenience) is the relevant one - but even looking at the controls it's kind of obvious that a single channel cannot do both attenuation and offset - only 1 knob, no switch
-- JimHowell1970

I agree

the only module that can do both attenuation and offset per channel, that I know of, is the happy nerding 3*MIA - but you'd need 3 if you want a channel per ochd output

A better idea: get an adder module. These look like 2-4 hp mults, but what they actually do is to add two signals together. So you could send the signal and an offset voltage into one and get the composite signal you're looking for. Also, another mixer that you might have a look at is Erogenous Tones' LEVIT8, which can either be configured as an eight channel mixer/attenuator or two four-in mixers. To use this in that 8x1 configuration, you'd want to first route one signal each through something like this: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/shakmat-modular-sumdif to put offsets on. At that point, you'd have a pair of adders with that Shakmat module, so if you also wanted to use the 2x4 config, that would be similarly doable. And if there's nothing you can use for the offset source, put one of these in: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/2hp-dc and there you go!

great functionality but using it (at least for me) is pain, pots are too small and too close to each other and to jack inputs
-- Skullstep

Agreed

the only module that can do both attenuation and offset per channel, that I know of, is the happy nerding 3*MIA - but you'd need 3 if you want a channel per ochd output
-- JimHowell1970

Ordered and received. The 3MIA works super next to OCHD. I may get a second one since I have 2 OCHD modules. 3MIA will be very useful in general. Another thing I have that does offsets is Befaco A*B+C.

-- JimHowell1970

And you would need to actually find them somewhere.
-- mntbighker

true - but it's not that uncommon to have to wait for modules you want to be in stock... or to order and wait for stuff - impatience and modular never really go hand in hand... even without the current situation

just checked wigglehunt and there appear to be some in at analogue haven and there's on listed in the market place here in the eu as of yesterday

-- JimHowell1970

just checked wigglehunt and there appear to be some in at analogue haven and there's on listed in the market place here in the eu as of yesterday

-- JimHowell1970

Thanks, I just ordered from Analoguehaven, and I may even order a second MIA. I never need to offset all the OCHD channels, and I tend to keep two set up with Veils. But I do have two OCHD's in different parts of the rack. One is in my percussion section, and one is with my modulation section with the Maestro. I think they will be a powerful combo. Lately I'm starting to think I need a second Maths too, but I have nowhere to put the darn thing.

Lately I'm starting to think I need a second Maths too, but I have nowhere to put the darn thing.

-- mntbighker

that's what new cases are for - my 2nd case was because I wanted Maths and didn't have room for it!

Lately I'm starting to think I need a second Maths too, but I have nowhere to put the darn thing.

-- mntbighker

that's what new cases are for - my 2nd case was because I wanted Maths and didn't have room for it!

-- JimHowell1970

I have three 4MS pods and an Intellijel Palette case in addition to my main rack. No more cases are in my future. I'm to the point now for something to enter, something must leave. It's actually a good discipline at this stage in my journey.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/view/182046

Look into Schlappi Engineering Boundary to replace/complient Maths.

Just got the TUL by rides in the storm, this has offsets built into the 2 channels itself that can be enabled by a switch. And another switch to change between nuation/nuversion ;) This made much more sense to me and want to get more to replace blinds/shades. With blinds it can be hard to get a true zero value, and on the shades it takes 2 channels to add offset, the problem also mentioned above. Cheap and perfect companion for stuff like grand terminal/vortex or rampage etc. that don't have the maths CH2/3 section.