Bit by bit I am edging towards having a row specifically for percussion and I'm interested in what other people have for Mixing and Panning etc.
I'm currently a little bit short of Mixing capability having sold the Intellijel Mixup I had and I'm considering the next step in mixing.
At the moment I have:
Most of the percussion sources going via a WMD/SSF Quad Atten then into a Omsonic UPE (Universal Panning Expander) so I can tweak levels and Pan, I do like a bit of Reverb on Hatz so mostly send its outs separate to the UPE.
ModularGrid Rack

I fancy eventually upgrading the Mixing to a Befaco Hexmix with the STMix feeding it, though it would seem a waste to use up all the Hexmix channels with panning mono percussion sounds around so alongside the UPE I may get a Doepfer A-138s Mini Stereo Mixer.

But how would YOU do it??

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

https://youtube.com/@wishbonebrewery

I know the following is not about panning each percussion module, only the last option is about this I think (hexmix).
But you could use the stereo mixers to the Rosie Return stereo set.
Problem is that there are not many input channels in most mixers.
BTW dot / ll8 and Burst seems like nice combinations.

Already thought about the Befaco - Percall (on my wish list)?

MylarMelodies has a 'suggested systems' techno machine item on YT.
There he is using the Befaco Percall partly as mixer.
I am also changing very slowly evolving to a percussion rack, but my budget has been slashed this year (because I am in between jobs now).
My 'optimal' stereo set would be 4 Percalls to a Doepfer A138S stereo mixer, but that is very expensive.

(Title: How to make a TINY live techno modular synth in only 62HP.)

Another option (see my "end game" rack) :

Rosie + pico DSP
combined with 1 or more of the following:
Axys (on my wish list)
X-Pan (on my wish list)
A-138S
I have a A-138N for each (Rosie) channel.
and a A-138S between the Pico DSP and the Rosie (stereo return input).
But I do not know if this would be possible with the hex modules.

another option :
MixZ tiptop (combined with TipTop drum modules) (on my wish list)
There it is possible to bus audio, instead of the need for cables.

Or going to 'real mixers' like HexMix / Hexpander / Hex VCA combinations. (also on my wish list)
like you said yourself.

DOT for Euclidean, LL8 for more of a fixed structure, I may end up using the Burst for more Twinkly synth bits rather than percussion.
Yeah I watched that Mylar YT, Percall does look lots of fun.
Rosie looks nice for a bit of end of line Reverb to tie things together.
MixZ sounds interesting, though would obviously couple best with load of other Tiptop modules.

Enjoy your spare HP, don't rush to fill every last space, this is not like filling sticker books. Resist the urge to 'complete' your rack, its never complete so just relax.

Soundstage or a Jumble Henge or a Nearness plus some attenuators could do a lot of work for you. I have the first and the last and they're both really nice modules.

I also found the PanMix from Happy Nerding, maybe that is another option, that is 6 channels mixing, seems to suit the situation better.
(and my wish list is growing again, but I can delete some from the list maybe with this one).

All good suggestions, Soundstage is sounding good on @troux work, feels to open up the mix.

I've kinda had my eye on that PanMix cos you can CV it for Pan and Level @ThunderSound the ever-growing wishlist needs pruning regularly, its kinda slowly shrinking but shows growth-spurts after a prune, feeding it regularly with ModularGrid doesn't help!

There's a paucity of mixers offering CV panning on 3 or more channels. The most compact is probably the Verbos (14hp) Scan and Pan, followed by PanMix (16hp), Praga (20hp), Stereomix 2 from Toppobrillo (24hp), Poltergeist (28hp), and finally WMD's 40hp Performance Mixer.

The Verbos is limited in that it has only 2 outputs. The PanMix also has only 2 outs, and you have to choose between VCA and panning on each channel. I think Praga hits the sweet spot with VCAs, independent outs, and CV panning on all 4 channels. It also has 2 aux sends, 2 stereo aux returns, and its expandable.

I think this is one of the biggest holes in the Eurorack module market. I think if Bastl ever upgraded their Quattro Figaro to do 4 channels of CV panning in 10hp they'd sell a ton.

If you're looking for a mixer to do stereo audio panning, you also want to pay attention to whether or not the mixer supports pan law. Most of the ones I mentioned support it, but notably modules like the Make Noise X-Pan and the Verbos Scan and Pan do not. Without it, the sound will lurch between the channels a bit instead of doing a smooth sounding pan from left to right.

Pan Law, everything is better cooked in a Cast Iron Pan ;-)

I filled the current Gap with a Happy Nerding 4x Stereo Mix (for some more channels) and a Doepfer A138sv, there may be another A138sv on the horizon just for setting the positions of percussion. The more i read up the more I am drawn to the Befaco Hexmix and Hexpander.

Cheers for taking the time to put all that together.

this user has left ModularGrid

I would get the WMD Performance mixer if you have the budget. That is the mixer on my wish list as the ones I have thus far like Befaco Hexmix, Intellijel Mixup, and XAOC Devices Praga are so-so and not that great for larger modular drum setups. Well Befaco is great but needs the expansion add on to be great.

We were discussing mixers for live performance in another thread and the solution I settled on was SSF Vortices + as many 2hp mixers as you need for sends. The other option I entertained was chaining a Doepfer A-138n into an A-135s. You don't get voltage control over pan though.

There are also a few Ladik modules that almost worked for me, but came in one channel short for my rig. With neither space nor budget constraints I would probably have gone for the Hexmix-Hexpander combo. Even without the Hexpander, having mutes and EQ on the channels is a draw for the Hexmix. (Shame the midband isn't sweepable!)

this user has left ModularGrid

@the-erc sounds good you found what works for you which is key. I like the Befaco ST mixer my buddy has that I checked out this weekend for a small eurorack mixer. Also was impressed with his Befaco Kickall bass drum. Befaco makes great stuff and can do DIY if so inclined as well.

@the-erc sounds good you found what works for you which is key.
-- sacguy71

Well I have not actually got the Vortices etc yet, so I can't be sure that it actually works. I'm holding off since I don't need a eurorack mixer in my "studio" set up, and the live show is still some time away.

I can only agree in the Kickall -- it sounds good! The only thing I don't like about it, which seems to a general thing with Befaco, is having the sockets at the top and bottom of the module.

Mmmmm WMD! Mucho £$£$£, though I guess more than comparable to both bits of the Hexmix+Hexpander.