I may have been spending too long on Modular Grid recently. I have been building bigger, more elaborate racks on Modular Grid and can't seem to leave it alone. This is surprising because in my recent modular videos I have noticed that I never use all the modules I have for a single patch in just 84hp. So I decided to create a patch that uses everything, plus a few extras. I liked the result and recorded a YouTube performance.

Hi ModLifeCrisis,

Now that's a lovely long track! The way you play with those sounds is beautifully done, it's a pleasure to listen at it :-)

He, he, very recognisable that you sit behind the computer and reshuffle the racks with your (future) modules and indeed quite additive; I experienced that as well. I need to start doing that for my new studio setup somewhere soon as well but still hesitating because I know once I start, I barely can stop...

Thank you very much for your nice demo video and the great sound, this is how every weekend should start, very enjoyable :-) ! Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

That is a great patch and performance! Love it. The slow degradation of the repeats on the El Capistan is such a great subtle morphing effect. So many great disparate sounds brought together in a very cohesive way.

And I totally understand the ModularGrid addiction. You're not alone. I've fully embraced it and it's been a remarkably fulfilling journey so far. Modular tickles me in so many ways - the scientist part of my brain is more stimulated now than it has been in decades, the musician part of my brain has been seriously broadened, the hobbyist/collector side of me is getting satiated. I'm thrilled to have discovered this experience.

I always enjoy your videos. Please keep them coming.

Cheers

Hi ModLifeCrisis,

Now that's a lovely long track! The way you play with those sounds is beautifully done, it's a pleasure to listen at it :-)

He, he, very recognisable that you sit behind the computer and reshuffle the racks with your (future) modules and indeed quite additive; I experienced that as well. I need to start doing that for my new studio setup somewhere soon as well but still hesitating because I know once I start, I barely can stop...

Thank you very much for your nice demo video and the great sound, this is how every weekend should start, very enjoyable :-) ! Kind regards, Garfield.
-- GarfieldModular

Hi Garfield, thanks for the response. I appreciate it. It is very hard to stop, once you stop. I'm now considering a mainly Mutable Instruments set up and am too afraid to start it. :)

That is a great patch and performance! Love it. The slow degradation of the repeats on the El Capistan is such a great subtle morphing effect. So many great disparate sounds brought together in a very cohesive way.

And I totally understand the ModularGrid addiction. You're not alone. I've fully embraced it and it's been a remarkably fulfilling journey so far. Modular tickles me in so many ways - the scientist part of my brain is more stimulated now than it has been in decades, the musician part of my brain has been seriously broadened, the hobbyist/collector side of me is getting satiated. I'm thrilled to have discovered this experience.

I always enjoy your videos. Please keep them coming.

Cheers
-- TumeniKnobs

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it. And good to know I'm not alone. I love the way you're embracing it. I think that is very healthy and something I should maybe try. Cheers to you too. Regards, MLC.