Hello,

Please help fill my last 20 HP, im out of ideas and I would love to hear some of your thoughts, I do all my sequencing with octatrack so thats covered.

Thanks in advance!!

ModularGrid Rack

so what's missing??

imo definitely utilities

a nice matrix mixer perhaps? maybe keep it small - rebel technology mix04?

kinks and shades would also add a lot

that will fill your 20hp - use them primarily for processing modulation

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi Jim,

Yes Ive thought about a matrix mixer as well, thanks for mention it. What do you think about Livestock Maze?

Kinks and shades would def fit my set up, do you also have something else utility on your mind?

Thanks!!!

I have no thoughts about the livestock maze at all

in a small form factor the mix04 would tick all my boxes - but needs envelopes etc not sure about the maze

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I can name that flaw in two words: "envelope generators". Maths can do that, but using Maths as an EG is sort of like having a Bugatti Veyron...but only using it to go thru the McDonalds drive-thru. Same goes for the Stages. These are 100% part of the basics of synthesis, and you can't really get the best results out of this without several EGs. So, I'd suggest filling 18 of those 20 hp with a Quadrax and its Qx expander. This gives you four two/three stage EGs which can also be looped as LFOs, plus the Qx allows a lot of triggers you don't normally find on the panel to be used...and not just with the Quadrax, but those "End of..." pulses can fire plenty of other events.

Plus, Maths + Quadrax/Qx = MAD modulation capabilities when tandemmed.