is anybody using the u-he cvilization? it looks like a lot of functionality in a smaller module for those of us who don't have a big rig setup...just don't see a lot of discussion about it.

JB

i've heard people say some good things about it, particularly when used as a matrix mixer. I've come close to picking one up a few times myself but then when i read the manual it gives me a headache trying to imagine remembering how to use the thing...if you haven't read it yet, check it out and then see if it changes your opinion at all https://uhedownloads-heckmannaudiogmb.netdna-ssl.com/manuals/eurorack/cvilization/CVilization-user-guide.pdf

I only use it as a matrix mixer (mainly because my head exploded when I read about the other modes). It works really well for that and is easy to use.
I‘m looking forward to diving deeper into CVilization at some point, though.

I have a ton of U-he software and love it. I thought about adding CVilization to my modular setup but on inspection it is too darn complicated for me! I have a significant modular setup and super function-dense modules with intense manuals are too much for me presently. Too bad though, I was looking forward to U-he in modular form!

It depends on how your head is wired. It has a ton of features. But it means learning what each encoder and encoder color does... all dependent on the mode the unit is currently set for. You'll run into this with a lot of Mutable Instruments modules.

To get the most out of MI and this thing, you really have to commit the functionality to memory and spend a LOT of time becoming fluid with it. Staring at a manual in one hand while making tentative adjustments on the module with the other sucks all the fun out of working with modular. $0.02.

i got a cvlization for a month now and i use it quite a lot and i am actually thinking of getting a second.
the color-coding might seem a bit complicated in the beginning but with some practice you get a hold of that quickly.
my favourite mode currently is the quad mucoder, which really shines imo when using more channels and copy notes form above channels and using different clock divisions. this mode is also very handy when playing live since you can generate nuanced variations with just one encoder turn.
anyways... i like the module and would definitely recommend to check it out.