Hy!
i have build an pay for this rack since 5 Yeras...
what do you think?!
i have ordered a monster case for this setup..sold a make noise 7u and behringer go case, kept one make noise 7u for jams
it should be an ambient, techno, drum setup and more..
should work with soma puksar 23 to

ModularGrid Rack

it's very synthesis with modules...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Ok..i see..i think i need more mults, what do you think? Which sort of utilitys ? Thx

I'm not convinced you do see...

synthesis with modules, as opposed to modular synthesis

not just utilities, although they are a big part, but also basic building block modules... a simple analogue vco etc etc

but yeah could do with load of utilities - everything from switches (manual and sequential) to matrix mixers, to attenuvereters,,, and everything in between - but which and how many of these you need is up to you - once you start with patching some in you might not be able to stop...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi Reinalter,

Besides the comments of Jim, I have another point to consider (actually a lot but then this is going to be a very long feedback, so I shorten this a bit).

Why would you need 3 ALM Pamelas? Wouldn't be one enough and if those 8 outputs are not sufficient then use multiples and clock dividers (and multipliers) instead of 3 the same Pamelas? If you must insist on more than one clocking unit (why?) then consider as a second module the combination of Make Noise - Tempo and Shakmat Modular - Time Wizard a great pair of modules that go very well together.

Please check the basic synthesizer setup of: 2 (or more) oscillators, noise generator, mixer, two (or more) filters, envelopes, LFOs, VCAs, some utility modules to keep Jim happy (just joking Jim), perhaps a ring modulator as well. Start with a bit more basic modules and functionality and then expend where needed. An audio interface (as in a module that exports (and imports) Eurorack levels to Line levels) wouldn't harm either for a setup like this. Vermona Tai-4 (XLR) is a great module for that purpose or Intellijel - Audio I/O (jacks) another good example.

From the look from your rack, I have a bit the feeling that you "suffer" from the nice sexy looking modules syndrome ;-) It's nice to have a few sexy modules but better to start with the basics first.

Perhaps the main advice could be that you should start with a few modules first, gain experience with those and adjust your opinion about future planned modules and see what's the next little batch of modules you might want to add to your existing modules, again gain experience, etcetera...

The very good thing I observe is that you straight away take a monster rack or going towards that, that's good :-) But please keep some free space reserved for future needs/plans/etcetera.

Good luck with the planning and once you get into it (or did you bought everything already?), have fun with it :-) Kind regards, Garfield Modular.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads