Case is Behringer 104hp it's tricky as depth profile is only 38mm

this user has left ModularGrid

I highly recommend a much larger case at least 6u or larger.

yea youll always want larger. good advice above

have you actually got the vpme drum voice yet? im not sold on it. so simple...

If you're trying to do a small drum machine build here...DON'T. You're far better off with a dedicated drum machine that does more (because it's designed for this purpose) and costs LESS than your efforts here. But to be frank, I don't see what you're aiming for here.

IMHO, having to wrassle with two Disting EXs will be a real chore unless you're all about menu-diving. And a lot of the rest doesn't make sense without context, I would presume.

If you're trying to do a small drum machine build here...DON'T. You're far better off with a dedicated drum machine that does more (because it's designed for this purpose) and costs LESS than your efforts here. But to be frank, I don't see what you're aiming for here.

IMHO, having to wrassle with two Disting EXs will be a real chore unless you're all about menu-diving. And a lot of the rest doesn't make sense without context, I would presume.
-- Lugia

heh. yea it is particularly un-focussed. if it was a utility rack as the original poster has labelled it, drop the drums, and why is there a little mikey, when you have a ES9 going off to a computer. surely youll have an audio interface there for recording whatever. furthermore ES9 is way overkill for this little rack too. i would say rethink what it is youre trying to achieve with eurorack.

Cheers for the various replies - not sure why the static image never updates with changes, but hey.
By way of an update I'd add:
Yes - a bigger case would be great - once I save up :)
re: "Utility" - my terminology, rather than the module definition! I had to put any thin modules in the Behringer case (due to 38mm depth) so that is the main / only criteria for populating it. however it is sequencing, mixing and drums now, so kind-of organised.
I like the vpme.de (for live tweaking) but find managing samples a bit of a pain
I agree re: Disting EX's - I have a MK 4 single one, would consider replacing it for an EX but maybe no further than that.
I love the Befaco, now I've learned how to use it better (see drum comments above)
I got a Pamela's, and already had an MCO voice - getting much better use out of that now (and modulation in general)
Hadn't realised how much I needed the Intellijel mixer either.

Actually, the total of the Behringer skiff and the uZeus comes out to $154-ish, but a Tiptop Mantis is less than $200 more...and you wind up with double the present space AND a better P/S AND you've got actual busboards AND it can handle depths to 50mm. For me, that would be priority #1. You can have loads of different modules, but if you can't implement them properly due to space constraints, you're going to paint yourself into a corner...especially given that the average depth of Eurorack modules is around 40mm, and you need to give a millimeter or two of extra space for routing ribbons, interconnects, etc.

And even if this IS intended as a "utility" cab, being able to fill out 208 hp with those sorts of modules simply means that you can extend the potential of them, plus have room for more "unitized" groups of modules, such as my fave modulation grouping (Maths, linear VCAs, modulation mixer such as a Frap 321 or Tiptop MISO, Quadrax/Qx) which opens up quite a bit of interaction that yields even more useful modulation signals. Or you could use a big chunk of the extra row for a large-scale performance mixer if the entire rig has enough potential audio signal paths to warrant it.

More isn't always better...but more opportunities is always useful.