This is allready planned out quiet good and versatile... but will this be a NiftyCase or actually a wooden Box - because in that case it misses the Power Supply.

It would be a Niftycase most likely or something that is powered. I haven't quite finished what I would fill this out with yet, but it's just a first idea. Some of the modules are a little heady for a first rack I think, but I am planning on getting them all slowly.

looks like a great start - but there's not enough expansion room - get a bigger case to start with - it's a cost saving in the long run - mantises are a great size for a starter case, are reasonably priced, have very good power supplies and are made by a reputable company... buy one...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

+1 on the Mantis, of course. Right now, it's possibly the best possibility for starting out in modular. Not only does it give you 208 hp of space, the power supply is quite good, but you can also link Mantises to make a 4-row rig later on. And at $335, it's in the STOOPID-CHEEP zone as far as outlay's concerned. And Tiptop even makes a matching gig bag for it.

And the other thing Jim mentions is very true: starting with too small a cab will lead to the expense of another cab. Even if it looks like you'd "never" need another cab...you're going to need another cab eventually, so you may as well stall that as long as you can by getting something bigger and fixing the need for more cab space before it happens.

+1 on the Mantis, of course. Right now, it's possibly the best possibility for starting out in modular. Not only does it give you 208 hp of space, the power supply is quite good, but you can also link Mantises to make a 4-row rig later on.
-- Lugia

Absolutely. I was thinking of going 1x 84HP and got the same advice. Because the Mantis was not available anywhere when I wanted to start, I got the 7U 104HP Performance Case from Intellijel at twice the price. It's nearly full now. Always get a much bigger case than you expect you need because you'll use it. Modular is about learning and experimentation and that's a process that never ends!

Modular playlist on SoundCloud