Continuing my journey in modular. Started off with a Teenage engineering pocket operator 400 and not been that exited turning knobs since I got my first Nintendo. Yes, I know, not real modular, but a good start to understand the fundamentals. It's still a fun piece and will use it, but it lacks depth.

I've come to the conclusion I really like just playing around with the system, turning knobs and explore what happens. Therefor, I've tried to leave out menu deep, preset moduals (except Pams) for that reason. I will use it to just play music as a stand-alone thing, so no plans to record. I also don't want to control it with a computer/midi right now, since it's the computer I want to get away from.

Been researching for some time now and have come done to this setup.

Pams: for rhythm, clock, randomization, melody
STO: as the main VCO in the system
Maths: as envelope and LFO modulation, as well as secondary VCO if needed
Forbidden planet: for filtering and aliens
Quad VCA: for modulation and a mixer until I expand to a dedicated one
Milkyway: as the effect module, mainly after a nice reverb, but with some extra thing for fun exploration
XOH: to output to headphones and speakers
RackBrute 6U: the case

This is the plan to be the starting point. Anything missing or suggested changes?

Going forward, I really want to get in a sequencer and some dedicated drum sound machines to enhance the melodies from the first row.

Ok monolog continue :)

ModularGrid Rack

I've made some revisions and changed out the analog VCO to a Digital that can do more on it's on from start. Went with the classic Plaits where the menus seems not to deep and alot of value for the money.

Also read up on the Milky-way and heard alot of issues with it, and swapt it for a Beads instead.

Still looking at adding a Sequenser and another VCO like the STO or Dixii if I see it needed.