So this here is the plan for my first rack. I've already got a mother 32 (aswell as a korg minilogue and Roland tr-8 + a beatstep pro). The case is ordered so I won't be planning beyond the 104 hp at the moment, but suggestions and opinions for change would be appreciated :) Opting for making ambient/downtempo music so keep that in mind as well.

ModularGrid Rack

Will quickly go thru my plan for each module in this case:

Disting MK3 - Simply seems to be a good "do-anything" module that might also teach me what I like and don't for future independent modules.

Happy nerding x3 Mia - Attentuation and mixer in a small package, chose this over other attenuators because of the 2 inputs per channel at the same hp as "competitors" (Triatt and shades)

Sonic potions Penrose - Because I'm interested in selfgenerating melodies (as well as DIY) so getting a quantizer seems like a good idea.

Nano rand - Need a random module to feed the quantizer with, aswell as doing random things to other things.. Yes, Im not to sure what I will use it for but Im sure itll come in handy at a small size.

MI Rings - Sounds fucking sweet, so sweet

Intellijel Dixie II + - Will be used as a 2nd oscillator together with the mother 32.

Make noise Maths - Because maths.

Peaks - Seems like an awesome multi-module, if I like it I might get another one down the line.

Intellijel Uvca - Need some kind of VCA.

MI Clouds - The module that got me interested in eurorack. Will definately not exchange for something else.

Radio music - Cool little module, seems like fun.

Buff mult - Mainly for the mother 32 kb out to track properly to the dixie.

So what are your thoughts on this? :) The radiomusic seems like the "least vital" to me, so that can go first if you have ideas for other 4 hp modules that might make more sense.

Thanks
Fabian

Looks good to me, but since Clouds lacks attenuators on the inputs you might well need another attenuation module just for Clouds.

Envelopes?

? Peaks and Maths provide envelopes ?

Thanks,

Wouldnt the gain pot on the clouds be enough to attenuate the incoming signal?
Or do you refer to something else?

Take the "Size" parameter. You can control it via the pot on Clouds. And you can also modulate it via patching something like an LFO into corresponding input on Clouds. But what you will also want to do is control the amount of modulation you send to that parameter, for which purpose you'll need to patch your modulation source (your LFO, say) into an attenuverter and then patch the output to the size input on Clouds. Now can can control the amount of modulation you send to Clouds using the attenuverter. On other units, the intermediate patching isn't necessary: the six little pots on Rings, e.g., allow you to attenuate the amount of modulation sent to the various parameters.

True, you can do this via the MIA or channels 2 or 3 of Maths, but utility modules, whilst boring, will really help you to make the most of the more exciting modules like Clouds. And since Disting now supports Sample playback ala Radio Music, I'd personally get something like ATATAT instead.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the input! Will look into it.