Baths.... 😪😪🤷 ....

In addition this would be a closer clone of the MK1 Maths which is no longer in production.
Either way a wise investment to go along side my MN Maths. The same way as my Behringer Brains are along side my MI Plaits.

Predatory company ripping off small businesses without adding any value. If you care about the euro community avoid this.

Predatory company ripping off small businesses without adding any value. If you care about the euro community avoid this.

Don’t worry, I won’t buy it. I save my bucks for Marilyn’s NEW Rehearsal.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

🛀👾💦🐳

Greetings

Chris

Funniest part about this backlash is that there have been countless "maths ripoffs" already, Maths is a euro copy of the serge DUSG, and continually editing this listing to say some vile shit is the same as editing a politician's wiki entry to say "mr Poopyhead" and just as pointless an exercise. Ban users who do this, it's totally childish and makes the site look bad.

Small trimmers for the channel attenuverters but a large knob for the curve selection...

--- Voltage control all the things ---

The panel is easier to read and understand than the MN Maths.

Don’t worry, I won’t buy it. I save my bucks for Marilyn’s NEW Rehearsal.
-- Sweelinck

Lol!

Behringer is stealing someone elses design, changing 1 or 2 minor things, and then passing it off as their own. Now, substitute "design" for "music" in that last sentence and ask yourself if you're still fine with it.

"Haha I wrote something stupid on Behringer's module page. I'm so proud of myself" ~ some shortbus on ModularGrid, 2023

Grow up you guys.

at least learn to spell!!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

The panel is easier to read and understand than the MN Maths.
-- Jobbey

My impression too.

Behringer is stealing someone elses design, changing 1 or 2 minor things, and then passing it off as their own. Now, substitute "design" for "music" in that last sentence and ask yourself if you're still fine with it.
-- gringostar

It's not about being fine with it or not. It's about keeping opinions off of ModularGrid's product listings. Would you go to the local library and tamper with books you don't agree with? Whether anyone likes a product or not is irrelevant. This is supposed to be a neutral library of Eurorack modules, let's keep it that way. Use the comment section or forum for discussion, not the product pages.

this user has left ModularGrid

Funniest part about this backlash is that there have been countless "maths ripoffs" already, Maths is a euro copy of the serge DUSG, and continually editing this listing to say some vile shit is the same as editing a politician's wiki entry to say "mr Poopyhead" and just as pointless an exercise. Ban users who do this, it's totally childish and makes the site look bad.
-- dumpsterac1d

I was going to post something like this myself and now I don't have to. Thank you sir.

Please correct title and features of the entry. This „opinion piece“ is diminishing the usefullness of modulargrid.
I would add a corrected version myself, but I don‘t want to have anything to do with this ripoff module.

Copy of the copy of the copy....and follow the line.
Great ! I buy the quarter price copy !

It's not about being fine with it or not. It's about keeping opinions off of ModularGrid's product listings. Would you go to the local library and tamper with books you don't agree with? Whether anyone likes a product or not is irrelevant. This is supposed to be a neutral library of Eurorack modules, let's keep it that way. Use the comment section or forum for discussion, not the product pages.

-- Arjan

Completely agree!

-- Arjan

Well said. These fools will yell "I CARE ABOUT COMMUNITY" while tampering with the database. This is childish and pathetic.

-- gringostar

-- Arjan

Which is why I posted that in the comments section?

-- gringostar

-- Arjan

Which is why I posted that in the comments section?
-- gringostar

But the problem isn't this discussion, the problem is people screwing with the product page. That's what this is about.

In addition this would be a closer clone of the MK1 Maths which is no longer in production.
Either way a wise investment to go along side my MN Maths. The same way as my Behringer Brains are along side my MI Plaits.
-- Staticcharge

The original Maths did not have OR, SUM, and INV. It only had OR and SUM. It also did not have the UNITY output marked with ∫ as the Behringer module has copied. So no, its actually a clone of the in-production Maths MkII

-- gringostar

Isn't that what "genres" are? 😉

What a shame if a company that size can't bring anything to the table but cloning.
Not even one thing added.
This lack of vision and creativity is what Behringer is best known for since their beginnings.

Hire some engineers for gods sake. Everyone can operate a copy machine.

ABUTTACUS!

This is a copy not of MN Maths but the original design by Serge:
Serge Dual Universal Slope Generator
Do not know why the B hate on this as his design has been copies numerous times.
https://richsstudioproject.wpcomstaging.com/product/cgs114-dusg/

thank you for fixing the page. lock it.

-- gringostar

false equivalence buddy; music is not electronic design.

everyone that does ED knows this; we copy, enhance, modify, borrow, steal, lie and cheat. that's the way the game is played. did it for 40 years. you clearly haven't done any of it. designers get paid, great designers get paid greatly. they got theirs, they don't need people like you to make a conspiracy out of it.

However, if you have to copy music, you really have no talent. music comes from inside. ED you learn by copying every that came before you.

This is a copy not of MN Maths but the original design by Serge:
Serge Dual Universal Slope Generator
Do not know why the B hate on this as his design has been copies numerous times.
https://richsstudioproject.wpcomstaging.com/product/cgs114-dusg/
-- amj666

Show me where Math is a "1:1 panel design up to every control knob" clone of the DUSG.
It's not about reusing an idea or a concept.

It's about cloning stuff 1:1.

Iagine how cool it would be if behringer came up with their own interpretation, probably a 4x DUSG with some specialties like a wave-folder or anything new, literally ANYTHING other than copying a ready to sell module of a small boutique company that probably sells a few hundred of those per year, sending them to china and throw a few thousend for one third opf the price on the market.

If you don't see where the problem is i hope if you should ever start a project by yourself that this doesn't happen to you.

And then people start to cry that Mutable Instruments, a one person company, closed down. lol

If forum users have rules to follow, what requirements should we place on manufacturers posting their products or designs?

Should Behringer clearly state that their design is a copy of an existing product, I wouldn’t mind.

If ModularGrid admins want to play the ethics card, please think again or support manufacturers’ questionable business ethics.

Since almost module entries are "crowdsourced" by users, that's not really something that can be regulated. I doubt B will get a manufacturer's account here to control their module entries either. The controversy makes $ales.

Leave the module entry as it is, and discuss the company's ethics, business practices and design theft in the forum comments. Leave it up to people to determine if they want to support Behringer's behavior or not based on what they read and observe.

The best thing to do is NOT give them free advertisement, and support the original small manufacturers with your purchases. I know I will never purchase their products ever again, that's for sure.

Will never purchase their products, never have.

The sentiment in this particular case seems strong among (some) users. If regulatory measures will not be tried, we probably need to submit to the crowd.

Stipulating a code of conduct for forum and product entries just seem like a reasonable thing to do. There are probably wise ideas among experienced forum users on how to achieve this.

The manual, especially the patch examples, is great.

If ModularGrid admins want to play the ethics card, please think again or support manufacturers’ questionable business ethics. [2]

Ethics? It's in the first place a legal discussion.

Modular Grid Terms & Conditions (Translated from German):

§5 Obligations of the user regarding posted content
5.1 The user must ensure that by posting content (text, images, photos, videos, names, trademarks, etc.) they do not infringe any third-party rights (e.g. infringement of copyrights, violations of personal rights, violations of competition).

5.2 The user indemnifies the provider against all claims by third parties that they assert against the provider in relation to an infringement of rights committed by him and for which he is responsible. The user assumes all necessary costs of legal defense in this regard.

5.3 The provider is entitled to delete or deactivate the content posted by the user if it infringes the rights of third parties or third parties assert claims due to an infringement, the merits of which cannot obviously be ruled out.

5.4 If the provider becomes aware of a possible violation of rights by the user's content, he will notify the user of this immediately in text form.

If ModularGrid admins want to play the ethics card, please think again or support manufacturers’ questionable business ethics. [2]
-- izzot

My music on Bandcamp - Instagram - YouTube

-- DonKartofflo

I certainly do not care about the "community" WRT consumers. Bunch of self-righteous, narcissistic whiners for the most part.

But why would I buy this when I've already got a Maths, complete with 5-6 failing, glitchy trimmers that render mine almost unusable without paying for replacements? (A fancy rubberized knob on a chintzy, wobbly trimmer is still just that, folks. And that's all MN uses IME).

Does anyone know if channel 2 and 3 spit different max voltages? If it's cloning the MK2 you would think it would, but it's made by the father of all musical equipment corner cutters...