Good morning, I'm looking for opinions on my new rack. I'm afraid of having duplicates or not enough utilities. I would like to do live with. I have an analog rytm for drums. I do techno and I try to produce with my modular bassline, atmospheres and melodies with many layers of modulation. THANKS :)

https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2266280.jpg

the jpg doesn't correspond to either of your racks - please share the url of an actual rack - it really helps us help you!!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I edited the original post. THANKS !

I edited the original post. THANKS !
-- timtoum93

no it's still just a jpg.... but not to worry... I've done it for you!!!

the actual rack,,,

ModularGrid Rack

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

I'm afraid of having duplicates or not enough utilities.

what do you think is duplicated? not that there's anything wrong with duplication

something like a happy nerding 3*mia would be decent addition

I have a Mimeophon as well. What i feel is that i sometimes miss to have separate modules for delay and reverb. I keep the Mimeo cause its so hard to get a hold of where i live (and it sounds amazing).

what do you think is duplicated? not that there's anything wrong with duplication

I was wondering if that was the case because I haven't tried all the modules yet. Thank you for the answer. I’ll considering the 3xmia

I have an analog rytm for drums. I do techno and I try to produce with my modular bassline, atmospheres and melodies with many layers of modulation. THANKS :)
-- timtoum93

Hey, looks like a fun rack, but curious how you're planning to sequence triggers or melodies, are those being done off rack? Even if so, you might want to consider something like the 4ms QCD or another clock divider/multiplier for more rhythmic possibilities. I always love a good sample and hold or track and hold, as well.

You have ochd (which is my current favorite lfo) and other modules capable of doing lfos, but you may want to consider more dedicated lfos (particularly those that can be cv controlled) so you can get your layers of modulation. Batumi has a big footprint but is quite powerful, 4ms makes a pingable one, too.

Also, I think you'll want to have some more attenuators or vcas in there to help you control modulation. The Morph 4 is super cool and gives you 4 vcas, but it seems a shame to waste its potential that way. Maybe a good end of chain cascading vca like intellijel's quad vca would help.

Good luck and have fun!

I have an analog rytm for drums. I do techno and I try to produce with my modular bassline, atmospheres and melodies with many layers of modulation. THANKS :)
-- timtoum93

Hey, looks like a fun rack, but curious how you're planning to sequence triggers or melodies, are those being done off rack? Even if so, you might want to consider something like the 4ms QCD or another clock divider/multiplier for more rhythmic possibilities. I always love a good sample and hold or track and hold, as well.

You have ochd (which is my current favorite lfo) and other modules capable of doing lfos, but you may want to consider more dedicated lfos (particularly those that can be cv controlled) so you can get your layers of modulation. Batumi has a big footprint but is quite powerful, 4ms makes a pingable one, too.

Also, I think you'll want to have some more attenuators or vcas in there to help you control modulation. The Morph 4 is super cool and gives you 4 vcas, but it seems a shame to waste its potential that way. Maybe a good end of chain cascading vca like intellijel's quad vca would help.

Good luck and have fun!

-- HGsynth

Pam not enough for clock multipliers/dividers? For the moment I have a metropolix but it takes up a lot of space. I'm going to have a hard time parting with it. I haven't made my choice between Metropolix and Bloom yet. I think you're right about the extra LFOs and VCAs. Thank you so much :)

Pam not enough for clock multipliers/dividers? For the moment I have a metropolix but it takes up a lot of space. I'm going to have a hard time parting with it. I haven't made my choice between Metropolix and Bloom yet. I think you're right about the extra LFOs and VCAs. Thank you so much :)

-- timtoum93

Since Pam's is capable of a lot of different things aside from clocking (e.g., euclidean patterns, logic, random voltages/smooth random, etc...), I prefer to use a dedicated divider/multiplier (along with a switched multiple for better routing) for the boring clocking signals and leave Pam's outputs open for more interesting tasks.

How is the Metropolix? I've never had the chance to use one but they look fun and pretty easy to perform with.

re clock dividers: I find a basic clock divider is useful as a sub-octave generator: using an audio input -> /2 = -1ve, /4 = -2ve - output is a square wave

-- timtoum93

Since Pam's is capable of a lot of different things aside from clocking (e.g., euclidean patterns, logic, random voltages/smooth
random, etc...), I prefer to use a dedicated divider/multiplier (along with a switched multiple for better routing) for the boring clocking signals and leave Pam's outputs open for more interesting tasks.

How is the Metropolix? I've never had the chance to use one but they look fun and pretty easy to perform with.

-- HGsynth

I love it so much. He has some pretty amazing live abilities. But I was looking for a generative sequencer for this rack that only eurorack makes possible. But the more I advance in my reflections the more I tell myself that I will keep it :)

I love it so much. He has some pretty amazing live abilities. But I was looking for a generative sequencer for this rack that only eurorack makes possible. But the more I advance in my reflections the more I tell myself that I will keep it :)

-- timtoum93

Definitely keep it if you mesh well with it. Besides, you'll end up getting more rack space eventually; it's inevitable. If you want to do generative music, however, you may want to consider a few other types of modules that can pair with your random voltage generator. Utilities like a comparator which can allow you to pick gates out of signals like random voltages or lfos (my favorite is the Compare 2, which has a bunch of hidden functionality). Sample and hold/track and hold (I know tagh has one on it, but maybe consider having a dedicated one) also allow you to collect cv from random voltages, enabling you to build changing sequences and melodies. Also, a quantizer so that the cv you sample actually sounds musical.

None of the above are necessities, of course. But they can go a long way to helping you realize a generative system.

Hi there,

would anyone be so kind as to advice a powered eurorack for a setup with 4 modules?

Total of 64 TE /HP
Depth: max 46 mm

Thanks in advance,
Andrea

Hi there,

would anyone be so kind as to advice a powered eurorack for a setup with 4 modules?

Total of 64 TE /HP
Depth: max 46 mm

Thanks in advance,
Andrea
-- AndreaT

yeah get something much bigger...

& which 4 modules? you are almost definitely lacking in many areas... especially support modules...