So, this is a re-branding of Tom Whitwell's Radio Music?

So, this is a re-branding of Tom Whitwell's Radio Music?
-- ZontarianMoments

Essentially, yeah. Sound Study takes open-sourced designs and releases them as their own.

From their web page: "Sound Study Modular is series of modules and consoles based upon classic, out-of-production and open-source synth projects. We aim to make it easier for the DIY community to obtain and build legacy and open-source projects that are either difficult to build or difficult to find. We are in the process of converting a host of surface mount open source designs to through hole designs as well."

Honestly, the whole thing seems sketchy like that guy that takes Mutable's designs and turns them into DIY PCB's. I felt dirty buying the Kontact Mic, but I got it to destroy with my terrible soldering skills, so not too dirty. Think I'm not the only one sketched out by it because Synthrotek was the sole distributor of their modules and they're already blowing them out and clearing out their inventory.

Now with more dollars and less sense!

lol, this guys are very serious about trademarks :D
"Information for re-use, adaptations or derivative works
Sound Study Modular is trademarked, and should not be used on any of works you create from these files."
... that's why we don't see Tom Whitwell's name anywhere.... even though he asks modestly for appropriate attribution... hmmmmm

lol, this guys are very serious about trademarks :D
"Information for re-use, adaptations or derivative works
Sound Study Modular is trademarked, and should not be used on any of works you create from these files."
... that's why we don't see Tom Whitwell's name anywhere.... even though he asks modestly or appropriate attribution... hmmmmm

-- f33d

Agreed. Very sketchy all around.

...we should wait until they come out with their own original design and we can trademark it and sell it as our own! PastaFarian Modules! We're original as FUCK!

Now with more dollars and less sense!

"...projects that are either difficult to build or difficult to find...." ... very sketchy indeed as Tom's Radio Music is neither hard to find nor difficult to build ...