Who is using that Strymon Big Sky or EHX Small Stone pedal with the modular?

Exactly, everyone!

Guitar Pedals are natural companions for modulars and even many modular manufacturers are coming from the stompbox DIY scene.
So we thought ModularGrid should support pedals, too.
Here you go, click around and tell us what you want to see improved.

If you want to help to make it better:

• upload one or two pedals because the database seriously lacks content
  • report any technical hiccups

We will see how many of you gals and guys will use the pedalgrid and then decide to go further or leave it as it is in beta status forever :)

The default format on ModularGrid will always be Eurorack. But we have a shortcut URL for the pedals, too:
It's http://pedalgrid.net

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

Hi,

it's great so far. Thanks for adding this! Unfortunately it seems adding one pedal creates a serious issue to all other pedals, as if you can't really place it wherever you want on the pedal board. If it's the first pedal there you have free movement, as soon as there is another pedal on the board the movement of the pedal becomes quantized and it's very difficult as it forces you to place some pedals half-on and half-off the board.

Still, it's a great idea and I'm hoping it will enhance your (paying) user base!

PP

the pedal becomes quantized and it's very difficult as it forces you to place some pedals half-on and half-off the board.

Thanks for reporting. I have disabled that snap feature for now. Maybe it will come back with an option to turn on/off.
And thanks for helping to upload the pedals!

It's the least I can do for now! Keep in mind that there are some parts of the uploading process that are still based on the module uploading M.O. Minor stuff though. Just checked, the snap grid is indeed off but it keeps on throwing some stuff out of the board when I refresh. Additionally, some of the background options are not Unicorn only, but they don't seem to work anyway.

Keep up the good work!

Hi,

PedalGrid is sweet!

I noticed a bit of a bug. If I'm in my Command Center screen and if I move my mouse/cursor over the modular racks and pedal boards so that the small pop up tool bar appears, if I click the edit tool for a pedal board it loads it into the modular editing screen. Obviously not good! ;-) Even if you just want to change the title (which does get loaded correctly) you can't because required modular values are missing. Selecting a pedal board to look at and then selecting Edit Pedalboard from the Edit menu works correctly.

Thanks for all the hard work! :-)
John L Rice

I noticed a bit of a bug.

A bug indeed. That should be fixed now.
Thanks for reporting, John!

A bug indeed. That should be fixed now.
Thanks for reporting, John!

-- modulargrid

Verified, works great now, thanks for the quick fix! :-)

Hi,

I couldn't find where I had suggested a "rack mount pedalboard" option but looking closer at the DIY Plywood option it is actually almost perfect since the user can specify the size, very nice! So, probably never mind about a sliding rack shelf/tray/drawer option! ;-)

It WOULD be great though if you could just add a "DIY Black" option, or add a color option to the DIY Plywood one, which ever is easier. All of my pedal setups are mounted to black power coated metal and other people may be using black laminated or stained wood, so it would take care of a lot of folks to have a black DIY option.

Thanks! :-)

John,

It WOULD be great though if you could just add a "DIY Black" option, or add a color option to the DIY Plywood one, which ever is easier.
-- JohnLRice

it is now possible to just not select any pedalboard and drop the pedals direct on the floor. We have the neutral and concrete floor. Is that enough? Else you have to provide a "black power coated metal" royalty free hires background :)

it is now possible to just not select any pedalboard and drop the pedals direct on the floor. We have the neutral and concrete floor. Is that enough? Else you have to provide a "black power coated metal" royalty free hires background :)

Cool, that should be good enough for now . . . but I think my knees and back will get sore after a while working on the floor!

What are the specs for the image you'd need? I might be able to provide one at some point.

What are the specs for the image you'd need? I might be able to provide one at some point.

Just a big jpg > 1500px

Bump to this topic a couple years later. I would love to see width and height options similar to the way you handle hp and u for modulars. Variable boards that resemble a PedalTrain with 2 rails, 4 rails, or 5 rails, and variable width, but using a generic, royalty-free illustration. If you let me know the image spaces for the 2 ends and the variable space, I'm happy to provide hires images. As I'm sure you are aware, any pedal freaks (or modular geeks) are pretty neurotic, and plywood or blank floor totally kill the vibe . Plus, it is helpful to see how the rails line up for planning your cabling.