Just bought an LxD from @penrose_riots. Fast shipping, quick response to email, nice communication, all good : ) Danke schön!

Very good experiences with vytis, joost, ludo, bark and f33d. All fabolous guys and fast shipping. BIG WARNING about tobi sells broken stuff doesn't mind to respond.

Good deal with @bark. Thanks.

@jdev & @tylrprtr are great buyers! Thnx!

I just had very pleasant experiences buying from jdev and Junk Rhythm.

I just had very pleasant experiences buying from jdev and Junk Rhythm.

-- solipsistnation

Thank you for the kind words. @solipsistnation was great to deal with. Excellent communication and prompt.

Voltage Tweaker

Had a smooth and easy transaction with @solipsistnation. Thanks!

I had a perfect transaction with @jdev earlier today. We met in person and everything was super smooth from start to finish. Thank you!

Voltage Tweaker

Yep, had a very easy and quick buying experience with Junk Rhythm. Thanks!

bought a analogue solutions SY-02 from @Zigge . Very nice, fast shipping, very good communication and module in perfect shape : all good!!!

@bark thanks for the great transaction. Fast delivery, safe packing and good communication.

@box78 and @methodius are good traders, well packed and fast shipped modules!

great and awesome sellers: @He_lium and @moriyama !!
be carefull with @davidauthior sold me broken module.

A few words for @baguetta, I sold him my Flame Fx 16, and everything was great! Great man, great artist, great buyer!
Great communication everything was fine from start to finish. Highly recommended!

A quick "Thumbs-up" to @echoromeo for a quick payment of the uScale II and @zen4one for quick payment of the E350 Morphing Terrarium. They both were a pleasure to business with.
R-

easyskywalker sold me a Mutamix, and everything was just as it should be!

I sold a freshly-built RYO Aperture lowpass gate to @lumot. No dramas with him, great attitude, smooth transaction! Discussing future deals.

Bought RYO Aperture Lowpass gate kits from Modularaddict in Wisconsin, USA. Ran into a glitch during the build which he resolved promptly. Highly recommended seller.

Big thanks to @bommelito and @shelter_studio for being the nice communicative, fast paying buyers they are : )

I recommend @pitri as a good trader, thank you for good price and fast delivery on delptronic lpd-1e/x

In Dispute with @ODS331180. I have had an open dispute with PayPal since he told me he would not give me my money back. Waiting on their answer.

Ordered VCA Matrix on 29 April and paid promptly. When I got a letter saying I needed to pay over £60 import charges, I had to say no. Maybe it makes me an asshole but it just made it too expensive, so I had to return it. So I never recieved the module. It was sent back. He recieved it and told me he will not refund me. Does he get to keep the module AND the money? What do you think? Sorry if this doesn't belong here. Happy to move it to a more appropriate forum.

Had super smooth transactions with:

@lenni for an Dixie II
@Heren for a MI Clouds

@bj_gzp sells and ships nice and fast

-- ghee hgt

Not surprising: it is a nice fellow.

In Dispute with @ODS331180. I have had an open dispute with PayPal since he told me he would not give me my money back. Waiting on their answer.

Ordered VCA Matrix on 29 April and paid promptly. When I got a letter saying I needed to pay over £60 import charges, I had to say no. Maybe it makes me an asshole but it just made it too expensive, so I had to return it. So I never recieved the module. It was sent back. He recieved it and told me he will not refund me. Does he get to keep the module AND the money? What do you think? Sorry if this doesn't belong here. Happy to move it to a more appropriate forum.
-- oddbeats

What do you think he should do? You bought the module so its yours... He sends it to you and you refuse it. He can send it again If you pay for shipping... It may be nice of him to refund you, but I think you not wanting to pay taxes is not really his problem and something you should have thought about beforehand. He might already have spent the money and getting it to refund you might be a lot of hassle.

In short my opinion;
It would be nice of him to offer some kind of refund. But otherwise you should just come clean on your part of the deal and accept the module, or just be at piece with the fact that your module is at his place. If he resold it he would be a dick though...

-- oddbeats

To me, that is bad manners, and that goes for both of you.
Import charges/taxes are not the seller's problem. Just deal with them (or arrange something with the seller beforehand).

To the seller: You can't have both the money and the module - are you insane?? Were is the logic in this? You got the module back - refund the guy and stop crying.
(Personally, I wouldn't refund the postage).

Yes, we should probably have a "dubious sellers/buyers thread".

To me, that is bad manners, and that goes for both of you.
Import charges/taxes are not the seller's problem. Just deal with them (or arrange something with the seller beforehand).

To the seller: You can't have both the money and the module - are you insane?? Were is the logic in this? You got the module back - refund the guy and stop crying.
(Personally, I wouldn't refund the postage).

Yes, we should probably have a "dubious sellers/buyers thread".
-- KNYST

Thanks for all your replies on this. I agree with KNYST on this. It was bad manners on my part and I apologise to everyone here for that. I got an email from PayPal this morning to say that they have found in my favour and will get me a full refund.

What I've learned:

It costs WAY more than 20% tax to import something into the UK. It's actually over 30 after the fees.

Switzerland is NOT in the EU!

If there is even a question of import duties, I'll make sure we are clear about it before money changes hands. Not clear like "it's on you bro!" But clear like "it's likely to be over 60 quid, understand?"

Cheers guys

Shoutout to @toneburst for speedy delivery of a Bastl Grandpa and Spa :)

Big thanks to @LiquidYzer for a very pleasant transaction! Cheers!

@askthedust - nice contact, i paid with pp f/f - all good, would do business again!

also good traders:

@philmn
@didah (he is awesome! he accepted my goofiness on paypal fees outside germany and paid more for shipping as he charged me - i still feel ashamed ...)
@p_ache
@modezart
@soundray

black modules does sound better at night

be carefull with the user @gleb

i buy a module and nothing arrive to me after 3 weeks, and also i ask for a tracking number for the shipment, after 2 week the guy send me a wrong one.

i lost my money and no module came :(

Thank you @Datasette for the System X Envelope. I created an account here because of your offer :)

Thanks to @benbrush : he sold me a DNA SYMBIOTIC WAVES, quick delivered, well packed, nice price and great condition,
recommended fellow ! :-D

@AThousandDetails, is a great seller! Clarity of communication, fast delivery and dependable - the Basimilus Iteritas came
packed very well and in perfect condition as described. If I had more room in my case, I'd certainly buy from
this seller again.

Had a very easy and quick buying experience with @Nomodulus. I received a very nice ADSRVCA today.

Had a very good sale with @Gregsen; he was quick with very good communication. Module came well-packed too. Thanks!

Just received beautifully build Turing machine from @toneburst... spotless built, great communication and fast shipment!!! THANX!

top trade with @demyottens, thanks!

thanks to @nearlyghost for teletype, everything arrived safe and sound, trusted seller

Let me start by thanking @MarsFace for blazing fast shipping an excellent shaped TipTop Bd808.
-- solitud

Seconded. I have bought three modules without any problem from @MarsFace.

Super smooth transaction with user @p_ache. Great seller, fast shipping and good communication!

Hi guys,

Good traders in the marketplace:

@anal og : https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/view/44826 Great seller! Good communication and everything as discussed.
@Bobje : https://www.modulargrid.net/e/synthesis-technology-e350-morphing-terrarium Good communication and no problem at all with the sale
@lewisinspace : https://www.modulargrid.net/e/rossum-electro-music-morpheus very good communication, easy and fast shipment

@PinPinKula : i do NOT recommend doing business with this user. Very rude and unreliable user. I ordered a micro Ornaments and Crime on 16th of August and today, 21st of October, I still haven't received what i paid for: a micro Ornaments and Crime with black knobs and buttons. On top i had to pay twice the delivery costs (13,5 EUR when it was actually 8 EUR) due to some problems with the delivery (according to DHL the address was wrong). When i finally received the module on 9th of October (!!) to exactly the same address it was sent on the first time it was white buttons and knobs. After contacting him to ask why was that he confirmed to send them and after 12 days i received the following answer from him: "...you might as well go make music then worry about color scheme of your modules, but thats me.. you do what you want.". This user made me regret using Friends & Family when paying through PayPal.
Please check the following discussion of the group "Modular Synthesizer Sales and Trade (Europe)" about him of the 30th of September on Facebook, it seems there is a lot of people unhappy with his way of doing business: https://www.facebook.com/groups/698742386919180/permalink/1917748588351881/?sale_post_id=1917748588351881

Smooth transaction with @l00p

Just wondering if anyone know why there isnt any rating system ? :)

@Slight79 FX6 received - very well packed and all working fine. Recommended :-)

@demyottens Doepfer LPFG received - very well packed and all working fine. Recommended!

Thanks to @Slight79 @damir501 @nicdro who I bought Mutant Hot Glue, Mutant Bassdrum and Mutant Hihats from, respectively. All sent with tracking and arrived in good order.

I bought a Modcan Quad LFO from @raccoonboy. The transaction went very smoothly. The module was packaged carefully, no parts were missing!

Forgot to post a bit ago, but @yufo was awesome to deal with when buying the Erika Black Dual EG/LFO. Module was exactly as described, shipped super quick and packed like a champ. Definitely recommended!

A word of thanks to @dombles for a nice deal and a fully functional Expanded Turing Machine.

just now realizing this thread is here. good deals with @yufo and @sceledra