@gridless - or at least one of his older accounts - has been involved in scamming back in 2019. Be careful.

I succesfully avoided an scam attempt the past week from a guy living in Rotterdam, be aware of trading with whichever that uses

***@aoutlook.com as a paypal address

There are other users that were scammed for this pig
-- franq

I am aware my response is over a year later. The dude mentioned is still active, I believe mainly on Facebook groups where I read about him several times. He ‘sells’ under several names, so be aware.

Hey, there's a troublesome seller - @tommiedj
I transferred him money for Intellijel Steppy on Sep. 16, and he stopped answering my messages.
He has several modules on sale, all recent (which now I see suspicious). It looks legit because of the good votes from other users, some of them registered as users long time ago, but now I see they have crossed positive votes between them. https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/view/173328 Also suspicious is that several have recently added modules on sale.

Unfortunately I cannot vote the other users since I have not contacted them, but I suppose they are all frauds: @Kaneda87 @wrongdisplay @asdfqwer @dosko64 @DirkB @wolvero @tokkeherfst @pikseliahky (and a lot more since these users have their own positive votes)

The paypal account I sent the money to is ***@gmail.com
Tried to contact him, no success.

Be careful with this guy. It seems I got ripped off :/

Edit: yesterday I got my money returned from him and an apology.

Hey, there's a troublesome seller - @tommiedj
I transferred him money for Intellijel Steppy on Sep. 16, and he stopped answering my messages.
He has several modules on sale, all recent (which now I see suspicious). It looks legit because of the good votes from other users, some of them registered as users long time ago, but now I see they have crossed positive votes between them. https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/view/173328 Also suspicious is that several have recently added modules on sale.

Unfortunately I cannot vote the other users since I have not contacted them, but I suppose they are all frauds: @Kaneda87 @wrongdisplay @asdfqwer @dosko64 @DirkB @wolvero @tokkeherfst @pikseliahky (and a lot more since these users have their own positive votes)

The paypal account I sent the money to is ***@gmail.com
Tried to contact him, no success.

Be careful with this guy. It seems I got ripped off :/

-- aleszylder

@aleszylder,

Does this mean you will remove the thumb down you gave regarding this user?
And will you remove the names you mentioned in your post as ‘possible frauds’?

User kooza, https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/view/155418 is a crook!
This is a warning to alert other wigglers to this person.
I sold a module, E352 Cloud Terrarium two months ago (PP f /f) and then he couldn't wait for the module, to arrive with the parcel.
He applied to PayPal for buyer protection and the money was transferred back to him.
The parcel arrived today and he accepted it without transferring the money.

Hey guys, beware of user @Buzzz - he ripped me off.

His name is Pascal Alexandrou (aka Paschalis Alexandrou), he’s from Greece and his email/paypal is ***@gmail.com

https://www.instagram.com/pascalalexandrou/

He sent me a glitchy RXMX module, even though I asked him two times to confirm if all knobs were working without issues. I agreed to send back the module for a refund but once he got the module back (on 24th January) he went silent and basically stole 450 € from me. I tried to contact him several times over the course of a few weeks via E-mail, PM and Whatsapp but no answer.

There have been problems with this guy before further up in the thread so beware of this email and name since he seems to be changing his usernames.

[redacted - user has finally refunded me]

I bought a Rozendal CEM3340 osc from him about 6 weeks ago

1 month later no module, no replies to PM / email requests for tracking number, then finally a reply offering to resend the module which never left the country and was returned to the post office supposedly. 2 weeks later, still nothing. No more responses regarding what he did, if theres a tracking number etc,

Long communication absences are blamed on covid or ‘being away’.

I guess I am lucky I ‘only’ lost 85 euros on this guy, but nevertheless it is a lot of money to me. Of course after many successful and hassle-free transactions on here I was complacent and used F+F. My own fault obviously.

If anyone knows an equivalent EU-wide body to Action Fraud in the UK, please let me know, but for now a report is filed with them.

The above course of action is recommended for any scams (Action Fraud or your country’s equivalent).

https://www.europol.europa.eu/report-a-crime/report-cybercrime-online

Any other suggestions of courses for action are welcomed. I’m not working right now so although I can barely afford this lost money I can freely commit time to putting in as much effort as possible for nailing this guy. He’s made me pretty damn angry.

Hard to believe someone would put themselves into this position for the sake of stealing 85 euros. It really blows my f***ing mind.

***Supposedly the seller was ill and could not respond to me for a week and has now shipped. Will repost if needed.

All these stories are why I NEVER do PayPal F&F. I once had a small manufacturer in Europe insist that I use F&F, even though I was willing to cover the goods and services fee lol. And it would have cost me more to do F&F anyway because it was international. Needless to say I cancelled the transaction.

I agree. He did ask me to pay F&F or add 4% to cover the fees. I added the 4% instead of doing F&F although I almost did. Not sure why people want that fee covered, as someone who has sold countless things online I’ve never asked someone to pay F&F or asked to have them cover the fee. To me it makes more sense to incorporate it into the price I’m asking.

I habe to report @filipl. Care about his diy modules. Build quality is bad. I order one notone and it burns out sone of the diodes (not the korg ones) after only siting in my rack.

Greadings from Berlin
Statrax

Find us live on
twitch YouTube

i did offer to take the module back and refund "studioB" but that wasen't nessesary/ he refused
bought on the 3the october 21 and asking a refund on 19 august 22
sorry but that i won't do,
sorry for the disconfort/bad expirience
greets Filip

i did offer to take the module back and refund "studioB" but that wasen't nessesary/ he refused
bought on the 3the october 21 and asking a refund on 19 august 22
sorry but that i won't do,
sorry for the disconfort/bad expirience
greets Filip
-- filipl

Elektro engeneer of my find out that he use old capisitors he exchange that for new one and now the module dint not burn out anymore. C1 and C3 i think. I just want to make clear that i dint not use the module jet (no time alot of work ;( )

Greadings from Berlin
Statrax

Find us live on
twitch YouTube

I agree it is definitely a risk using f+f. However when you have 20-30 pain free transactions on a platform because the VAST majority of folks are honest and great people, it is easy to become complacent!

Reasons for a seller asking for f+f payments could include:
- no risk of dishonest buyer receiving the module then claiming it never arrived and making a paypal claim
- ability to list a module for a cheaper price (yes ~£5-10 really can make or break a sale sometimes especially when you’re trying to sell modules which aren’t that popular / hyped / glamorous)

There isn’t really an easy answer to this imho. Risks do exist for buyer AND seller. Other platforms such as reverb / ebay have some tools like integrated tracking so there is perhaps less risk. I have had WAY more success selling modules on those platforms than here, even if the price is higher to cover the ridiculously high fees. In the last 6 months I sold 20+ modules on those platforms but only 3 here despite trying. So maybe buyers overall prefer those platforms where the risk is at least mitigated.

Here is a negative feedback about a seller: alaindusmith
Paypal address: dzidra.valentina@gmail.com

He sold me a strakal brulu distortion, his post indicated that the module was in perfect working condition.
When I received it, I immediately noticed that the distortion and especially the fuzz were almost absent. Another strange thing was that the fuzz CV only reacted to negative voltages.

I contacted the Touellskouan company which produces the module. They confirmed me that the module was defective on the basis of tests made at home with a multimeter. Fortunately they are super cool, I sent them the module for repair. I just received it, it works now.

I wrote to the seller to kindly point out the problem, with proof, in order to start a negotiation for a compensation from him. Of course, he doesn't answer. At best he is a very bad builder who never understood that his module was not working.

Just run away from him!

It seems I've been scammed by the user @grooveserfer, I bought him a trigger expander for the nerdseq, emailing and messages here were fluent until I paid him, he sent me an email with a strange tracking which I clicked and send me to a blank webpage, later that mail appeared totally blank with some Asian characters

I've tried to contact him here and by mail with no answer, I've wait two weeks until posting here, so It seems I've been wasted as I made him a bank tranfer so Im posting here to aware people about this user, he seems to be based in Italy, name Alexander

at this moment it seems that we are two users scammed

@grooveserfer we know you have been connected here as you've modified your rack yesterday, just in case of misunderstood we are giving you the opportunity of explain something, I sent you a message here and by mailing twice, the other guy has contacted with you too and is waiting for an answer

I too "purchased" a module to @grooveserfer.

Communication went fast until payment.

more than 4 weeks later, no news, I contacted him several times and did not hear back.

I still believe the module will actually arrive.

Finnally it got solved despite still have no communication with @grooveserfer but after a month the module arrived, I don't know if something happened to the user or he just sent it and turn off any will of communication, anyway I got mine and hope @slim has his too

I had a bad experience buying a module from @Zbigniew one month ago

I bought an Arbhar from user @jotaha. The box arrived damaged, which would usually be alright if the module had been packed properly. Unfortunately that wasn't the case: instead of putting the module's box in a larger box with enough padding in between, which is in my experience common practice, he simply wrapped the original box in paper. Of course that wasn't enough protection and the module arrived broken.
Hopefully that won't happen again but I definitely wouldn't take the risk and avoid trading with him.

Earlier today I made a purchase from @Vermeil for a Voltage Block that he had going.

I’m currently looking at purchasing a few more modules and as this one is pretty scarce and on my list I jumped at the chance.. I agreed to pay his asking price and tracked shipping charges (even shook on it virtually 🤝) but chose not to go ahead with his request to use a friends and family PayPal payment.

With that in mind I paid the fee so as not to have any back and forth and possibly loose out on the module. At this point I get a reply telling my I have not paid the fee and that I need to pay more money.. my reply was the fee is 2.9% right?

I then receive an email saying he can sell locally and doesn’t want to risk sending the module. A refund seems to be in the works but it hasn’t yet hit my account. It’s a substantial amount from my new module budget, I just hope it doesn’t inhibit a future purchase.

It’s a shame my first purchase on Modular Grid turned out to be a bit of a negative experience but I won’t let this taste linger as I’m pretty sure there are plenty of good folk selling desirable gear on here..

Here’s to them and anyone else searching for their dream set up 🍻

That said if anyone has a Voltage Block (v1.5/6) for sale I’m definitely interested and have part of my budget waiting.

Happy Sunday folks!!

Edit: just crossed my mind that this dude also now has a considerable amount of my personal details 🤦‍♂️ (PayPal user Maxime Rosa)

Earlier today I made a purchase from @Vermeil for a Voltage Block that he had going.

I’m currently looking at purchasing a few more modules and as this one is pretty scarce and on my list I jumped at the chance.. I agreed to pay his asking price and shipping charges (even shook on it virtually 🤝) but chose not to go ahead with his request to use a friends and family PayPal payment.

With that in mind I paid the fee so as not to have any back and forth and possibly loose out on the module. At this point I get a reply telling my I have not paid the fee and that I need to pay more money.. my reply was the fee is 2.9% right?

I then receive an email saying he can sell locally and doesn’t want to risk sending the module. A refund seems to be in the works but it hasn’t yet hit my account. It’s a substantial amount from my new module budget, I just hope it doesn’t inhibit a future purchase.

It’s a shame my first purchase on Modular Grid turned out to be a bit of a negative experience but I won’t let this taste linger as I’m pretty sure there are plenty of good folk selling desirable gear on here..

That said if anyone has a Voltage Block (v1.5/6) for sale I’m definitely interested and have part of my budget waiting.

Happy Sunday folks!!

Edit: just crossed my mind that this dude also now has a considerable amount of my personal details 🤦‍♂️ (PayPal user Maxime Rosa)
-- SAG88

Tj 4 sharing your exp with us.

Greadings from Berlin
Statrax

Find us live on
twitch YouTube

I’m currently looking at purchasing a few more modules and as this one is pretty scarce and on my list I jumped at the chance.. I agreed to pay his asking price and shipping charges (even shook on it virtually 🤝) but chose not to go ahead with his request to use a friends and family PayPal payment.

Happy Sunday folks!!

-- SAG88
Hi,
I always ask that they give me the total price: Module+postage+Paypal fees. Normally a 4% fee is requested.
BR

Happy Sunday folks!!

-- SAG88
Hi,
I always ask that they give me the total price: Module+postage+Paypal fees. Normally a 4% fee is requested.
BR

-- ferranadsr

Hey @ferranadsr,

Thanks for your reply.

Appreciate the insight.. I’ll defo go about a purchase the way you do going forward.

I did use a PayPal fees calculator to obtain the the amount I paid and the seller was asking for more than 4% after I had made my payment.

To add: I would have had no problem paying what was asked.. just ask or fully disclose and be clear is all. And I requested a tracked postal service so as to limit any uncertainty for the seller.

Just so I understand where does the 4% figure come from?

The user @Zbigniew doesn't answer my messages after I paid (for the Triple Steeple module).
Of course, unforeseen things can happen. Against my habit, I used a bank transfer because the seller had a lot of good feedback. Based on that I convinced myself I could make an exception not to pay with PP covered by buyer protection (Yup, wondering why after all those years ;-) ).
I still hope to close this deal properly, but if you consider buying from @Zbigniew and your messages get answered then be warned.
PS. If I get an update from the seller, I will update this thread accordingly.

I just got an update from @Zbigniew with his apologies and an explanation for his unresponsiveness. I can understand his situation and the reason for the delay. He also promised the module to me this week.

Closing update: I got the module and it's in mint condition. So besides the delay and the lack of response at some point, in the end this was a successful transaction.

@Glnds
Interesting, I already mentioned this person above as a bad trader. On my side, it never got solved in the end... Would be interested if sooner you get your module.

@nuclearsound yes, I saw your remark.
Another lesson learned, always query the forum before doing a transaction, not afterward :-)

Disclaimer : this below topic is ongoing. If the person finally stops faking not to understand the situation, and pretending I have in my hands both the money and module unwilling to ship it, I will update my post. For the moment, I'll wait for the acknowledgment that we are even. He got his all money back, and I did not ship the module.

In short, talking about user @edidobroschanski, new on Grid since May 24th, 2023 : O.o

I got a request for my Mayer M800, then came a strong negociation for it (ok with that, we can talk).
We quickly found an agreement, and after all my explanations on how PayPal works for the options of f&f OR fees, which he didn't clearly say he wanted to prefer.

I got his payment, of the net price, minus the fees option activated, Classic.
... Which total amount I refunded right away.

Then a second payment supposedly corresponding to the PayPal fees, which again I refunded immediately. All the time, I was taking the time to re-explain who I was needing to pay for what option to take, which he never denied.

And now, he's expecting the device anyway. Let me laugh :-))
Come on, YOU have your total money back. Nice try.

Either the person is stupid, either he pretends to be. I'll wait for his reply, I'm tolerant and can moderate my words.

But on the other side if the person tries to scam people he thinks are stupid themselves, he's warned, busted, and you all now know his username. So floks, take care !

@aleszylder: I personally know user @DirkB - he's a good friend of mine and a regular customer of my builds - and can tell you for sure he's NOT a fraud.

Did you contact these users yourself before posting or did you simply put these names up here?
I don't think this is the correct way of doing things... You might give good sellers a bad name because of posting like this.

My music on Bandcamp - Instagram - YouTube

Hi,

I have got 3 negative reviews, all from users I have never transacted with, just because I was on vacation and did not reply in time. One got even to a point of harrasment and verbal violence because I promised him I would send him the Paypal, although decided to blovk him cause he was abusive. The other one, I was on vacation and didnt reply in time... LoL

My question is why I have to have negative reviews from people I never even agreed to receive money or made a final deal with, because also I dont want to transact with stressful and abusive people.

Thanks

i definitely agree with users here telling feedback system need to be upgraded/improved. Should we open a thread or send a collective email to the administrators/moderators of modulargrid?
I encounter several user having bad experience and writing to them without gettin a useful response or a response at all.

here's my suggestions:

1) separate "buyer feedbacks" from "seller feedbacks"
2) add neutro feedback
3) add comment section to publicly discuss in case of negative or neutro

especially the first thing i guess would be easy to add

Anyone purchase anything from VOID modular this year?

I see shop closed for orders around time I placed an order..
- Bought MuteMix back in July
- initial delay in processing & owner apologized (personal reason--understandable)..
- Shipping notification raised (label created) Aug..

Nothing since... checked in early Sept & got a reply but radio silence & no responses since...

It’s not always sunny in modular world.

So plz Tell us about the people we better avoid.

hi there. is @wavecircles a trader to avoid? Just asking here before try to purchase a 450€ module. :)

That user has loads of positive feedback and was mentioned on the good traders thread. Thanks to you their name has now come up in the bad traders thread. Nice! /s

@RandomProgression

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/users/view/176394

sent 330€ with friendly payment.
registered package is lost (at the moment they are searching for it), not even got over his local post office checkpoint.
he refuse to refund in case the package is lost forever claiming it's not his responsability.
not even considering or proposing a partial refund or something similar.

the package could actually reappear and be found by LaPoste(french postal service) but anyway his intentions and ethic i think is worth to be aware of.
you can read more on this thread:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/forum/posts/index/12592

updates: after threating going to kick his ass at his address he refunded half of the money

If you're not sure please read the definition of doxing. You should remove any personal information from your post.

be aware of a @nullste. he had a module on sale described as in a perfect condition. i got a module which has many dents and a bended knob. when i told him about this he says this is a perfect module in his books, and becuase we previously agreed on 10euros-bellow-the-price he was asking, he says this is a fair trade. be aware before making any deals with this scammer.

be aware of a @nullste. he had a module on sale described as in a perfect condition. i got a module which has many dents and a bended knob. when i told him about this he says this is a perfect module in his books, and becuase we previously agreed on 10euros-bellow-the-price he was asking, he says this is a fair trade. be aware before making any deals with this scammer.
-- smardeli

1. You wrote my name wrong
  2. You threatened me
    "i mean we can go other direction, not sure if you want that. you can see in my previous posts what i did to a guy a few years ago who did something similar. i have found you on linkedin, your social networks are all there. i will make your life really ugly, and im not joking. please dont scamm me, and dont force me do to this."
  3. I sold module described as "perfect technical condition" unit is indeed in such state, calibrated, fully working
  4. You didnt ask for pictures, videos or any additional question beforehand, you failed your due diligence. I was ready to provide all of that, as I did many times for other buyers here.
  5. You got discount
  6. I offered you return option, even though I dont have to do that, you refused.
  7. I have history of dozen deals over few years here, all with positive feedback

Have a nice day, J.

-- smardeli

1. You wrote my name wrong
  2. You threatened me
    "i mean we can go other direction, not sure if you want that. you can see in my previous posts what i did to a guy a few years ago who did something similar. i have found you on linkedin, your social networks are all there. i will make your life really ugly, and im not joking. please dont scamm me, and dont force me do to this."
  3. I sold module described as "perfect technical condition" unit is indeed in such state, calibrated, fully working
  4. You didnt asked for pictures, videos or any additional question beforehand, you failed your due diligence. I was ready to provide all of that, as I did many times for other buyers here.
  5. You got discount
  6. I offered you return option, even though I dont have to do that, you refused.
  7. I have history of dozen deals over few years here, all with positive feedback

Have a nice day, J.
-- nullset

how is a module with bent knobs and dents on a front panel a "perfect condition"??????

oh you were ready to provide pictures? why you didnt mention any of this stuff in then?

never heard of haggling when buying used stuff? this is now your excuse, you gave me a module for 10 euros less so you think its fine?

i'm happy to return you the module as soon as you transfer all the money + extra shipping costs, as a one of the two options I suggested.

and yes i will let everyone know about your actions.

StudioOne84 contacted me twice for a module, i even was ok with his "40€ less" offer (250 instead of 289)
but both times his communication was really bad, sporadic answers, wrong email for photos (i did send them again to the right one) and both times he stopped it at the point when he would have to pay.

Completely unreliable and just a waste of time.

In case he claims somthing different here i can post the complete mails.

I've made the payment but there has been no response for 10 days so far. I feel compelled to report this as a potential theft incident on Modular Grid. His name is Mikel .

I've made the payment but there has been no response for 10 days so far. I feel compelled to report this as a potential theft incident on Modular Grid. His name is Mikel . Take care.