Sent him $330 plus, PP. He had suggested using F&F. No f’n way that’s happening, so he wanted , and I paid, an additional 3% to cover fees.
He then goes silent.
After multiple unanswered messages, I requested PP refund.
Finally messages me with excuses, meanwhile I note module still listed and at a lower price.
Paypal sends me a message that he has sent me a payment, but that his bank refused it.
More silence from him.

Another couple attempts asking status of refund. He’s been online but doesn’t answer.

I think you're safe as long as you paid for a service ... What's the username of the seller ?

I think you're safe as long as you paid for a service ... What's the username of the seller ?
-- soall

See above : ambientandambience

Annnd... here he goes...

Re: Re: Re: well? from ambientandambience
Received Today, 13:32
Contact fucking PayPal you idiot. Paypal subtracted funds from my account and according to math and PayPal, I refunded you. You really need to stop harassing me especially after a fatal loss from a close member of my family you sociopath scumbag. Take it up with PayPal. Their service protects buyers, you will get your money genius! emailing you>

“Harassment” is asking why he hasn’t refunded my money. Module still for sale, refund bounced.

Deadbeat is as deadbeat does...

Still nada. Called Paypal. Insufficient funds in his account. They are proceeding against him.
Buyer protection should kick in, but takes time.
His real name is Ahn Durr. He is a thief.
If I had used Friends & Family like he wanted I’d have had no recourse at all...

They usually have a convenient "family tragedy" after you've given the money that's preventing them from dealing with you.

Never use friends and family as it's a scammers paradise. If anyone asks you to do that, you're asking for it unlubricated.

This is why I never buy used gear online without some sort of intermediary agency, such as eBay or Reverb. In those cases, if you wind up dealing with a "bad actor", the company in the middle can (usually!) sort things out.

Finally, justice prevails. Refunded today. Paypal covered it. Took almost a month and 3 calls. (Paypal's customer service is pretty good).

I hope Paypal sues his PoS ass.

The scammer's supposed name is Ahn Durr, username ambientandambience.

And of course he left me bad feedback...

Case closed

This is why I never buy used gear online without some sort of intermediary agency, such as eBay or Reverb. In those cases, if you wind up dealing with a "bad actor", the company in the middle can (usually!) sort things out.
-- Lugia

It's a good practice. That's why I like the thread where you can leave feedback on people with GOOD trading habits. I spent over $500 getting two modules built by a guy on this site. I left positive feedback and would recommend him to others.