Finally i set up my first little rack and I want to know what you are thinking about it! My Genre is minimal Techno and ambient stuff. I also own 2 Drummachines, Behringer Model D, Octatrack and MPC Live.

Actually Iam planing a second Rack for Sequencing and a few more Effects. Anyway. What do you think about my Rack right now? Is it usable for what I want to do with it? Did I forgot something important to use the Modules?

Thank you so much for your help! Stay healthy! :-)

ModularGrid Rack

Looks like a solid mutable inspired rack!

I personally don't think you'd need Plaits AND TelHarmonic -- having had both, I would go with TelHarmonic. That's not to say that they are the same, they certainly aren't. However I personally found Plaits to be kind of boring and not something I reached for. One thing I like about Make Noise is that they break it out where you have control over everything. Plaits is nice if you want to have Gameboy Sounds, but otherwise... meh...

Regarding Mutable, I might also suggest checking out some of the 3rd party builds that shrink the modules down to 8hp. Rings and Tides could both be found in 8HP and remain just and functional and accessible.

You have a Wogglebug and so I don't think you'd need Marbles, unless you really want staged out random voltages, which is of course fine if that's what you're going for. You wont need two Links... Chances are you wont even need one. I would go for Mults instead.

Not sure why you have 2 quad VCA's, again I'd go with Intellijel over Mutable -- better build quality IMHO.

That all being said: At the end of the day it's your rack! You might have a vision / sound in your head and based on who you are into, you might have insight into why you built the way you did! When I started, I based my rack on what was already existing -- Verbos Performance, Make Noise Shared Systems, and PGH Modular Systems. Very linear in patching, VCO into Filter, into VCA, Envelope, Delay / Reverb, out, before I started doing the gymnastics! And then it was a matter of figuring out which VCO, Filter, VCA I liked, fit and could acquire! Modular is largely about the journey, and sometimes we forget that there is a destination -- you'll get there! I can also promise you that what you are starting on right now... while almost be nothing like what you end up with!

Happy Patching!

Thank u so much for your reply! Helped me a lot! Why I have Plaits? lol Plaits was my first Oszilator and I dont really like it as well. Feeling like I clickt trough Presets all the time.

Wogglebug- u a right again! Though about selling it, but sumetime i need a little Woggle in my Patches. Marbles is a bit more organized.

Thank you for your opinion and tips u gave!

Two major points, IMHO:
- First, a lot of overlaps here (especially 2 Distings, 2 Links, Quad Vca plus Veils...)!
- Second, you will surely need at least some universal tools like: one buffered mult, one reverb, and a proper drum module (such as Basimilus, or ADDAC 104, see that video: )

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Thanks for sharing ur thoughts. Is‘nt it possible to use Links as a Mult? I choose 2 Distings because everybody say its a swiss army knife and can do so many things, or am I wrong?

You're right, Links is a mult. And a clever one. But I would advise 1 Links plus 1 Buff Mult (for example), saving room in the rack, and getting up to 6 outputs with that one... It's a question of philosophy, variety of species ;)
Disting surely merits its nickname. But like a spare wheel, I hope you won't always need two.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Thank u again! Like I understood, this System will make sense for the start into Eurorack. A second case for sequencing is comming then by the end of the year but first I need to explore all the modules and get them to know. Thanks for your help so far :)