I'm just going to sit here for a while and chill to the sounds of Marbles playing Odessa through Panharmonium, Clouds, and Mimeophon...

Hi Mowse,

This... this... this music of yours... it's like a magnet... it dragged me into my listening chair and it's a strong magnet, barely able to move, listening at your music...

At the first few tones I thought: "What's this?" --> revering here to that very high tone sound, but a few seconds later I was all over with goose bumps, yes I felt seriously cold there for a few moments. It's not often that I have this and I see this as a very positive sign if music can give me goose bumps, you must have got something good, nice and special here!

Just one little feedback, am I imagining this or is most of your music on the left channel?

I keep listening and repeating your track, going to continue doing this after this message. Well what can I say? Thank you very much for sharing this :-) Kind regards, Garfield.

P.S.: I went back to the listening chair and wanted to check this out for you about the left channel, you have a few sounds on the left channel and a few less on the right channel, so that's okay however the main voice is rather more present on the left channel, giving it a bit much stress on the left ear (on the long run), while the right ear is lacking of something or in other words: left channel is a bit overwhelmed and the right channel a bit underwhelmed. If the main voice would have been in the stereo middle, I think it would have been perfect; it might be a personal opinion, so please keep that in mind as well. Perhaps for a next track you can look into this and pamper my ears a bit more ;-) ?

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks for the kind words, as always. I checked things over and found that I had nudged a setting on my Zoom recorder. That would explain the left channel bias. I wouldn't have noticed on the monitors since they happen earlier in the chain. Gotta fix that design flaw. :-)

Nice experimental sounds! That Odessa (got one too) is really one of the most versatile OSCs in modular out there. Waiting for more to come, mowse :)!

Hi Mowse,

I am glad you found the issue being a design flaw :-) I look forward in hearing your next track!

Kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

I think my poor little mixer is giving up the ghost. 10 years of service for a cheap, consumer grade slab isn't too bad, I suppose. :-)

I think my poor little mixer is giving up the ghost. 10 years of service for a cheap, consumer grade slab isn't too bad, I suppose. :-)
-- mowse

Big suggestion: when you start looking for a replacement mixer, don't start with the new stuff. Instead, hit Reverb, eBay, etc and look for live pro audio desks from roughly 1990-2005. Since the whole concept of digital audio for live work shrunk down the desks, etc used for FOH work, there's a lot of primo stuff for dimes on the dollar out there (he said, leaning on the end bolster of the cherry 54-frame Soundcraft FIVE he got for $800). Seriously, tho...here's just one example of a nice, smaller live desk that would work nicely in a small studio, only $495 + shipping: https://reverb.com/item/34531059-soundcraft-lx7ii-24-channel-mixer?bk=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJqdGkiOiI0NDlhYWQ0OC1mMTFmLTQ1ZTMtYTg4OC1kNTRmNjRhYjIwODciLCJpYXQiOjE1OTY5MzA4MzMsInVzZXJfaWQiOiIiLCJzZXNzaW9uX2lkIjoiIiwiY29va2llX2lkIjoiNGY3NTU5NjItMzc5Mi00NDQzLTk5YWMtYjZhZDk1MjlhOGNmIiwicHJvZHVjdF9pZCI6IjM0NTMxMDU5Iiwic291cmNlIjoiTk9ORSJ9.QkOVR7Sla-YqtL5diOo6MlAvL863pzXa4T6BtfJw10E Nice stuff...back when this was new (which it still IS...see this Sweetwater listing: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LX7ii-24--soundcraft-lx7ii-24-channel-mixer) it wasn't too cheap at about $1500. And this is just one example amongst loads...

Yeah, I agree with you on that. It's good advice. I started my search yesterday with a bit of help from a friend in the mixing/mastering business. The real challenge will be keeping him from buying everything before I get to it. :-)

What I find interesting is that the "problems" which the digital FOH/monitor desks mainly solve are generally related to transport. Digital desks are lighter, smaller, somewhat less fragile, and so on, so it's not a question of audio quality. And since a studio desk isn't likely to be dragged around all over the place, all of that becomes moot. My FIVE was something like $85k new, and that was only around 20-ish years ago, but I got it for $750...which might seem REALLY cheap, but then you need to factor in the need for a rental truck to get it home, gas, time on that, plus some movers to get it out and into your studio because this mo'fo is about 7 1/2 feet long and weighs in at 400 or so pounds. All totalled, that came to about $1200...but that's still FAR under the original list price.

But the search that got me to my FIVE was pretty mindblowing! If I'd felt like it, I could've gotten a 32-frame Mitsubishi/Quad Eight Westar desk for a smidge under $10k...again, that's an insane price, but those are far more difficult to maintain. Or a huge Harrison system that a TV station down in St. Louis was dumping for $9000 that I KNOW ran about $100k when new. The trick is to find something that configures nicely in a studio situation, that's relatively smashproof, easy to maintain, and that has killer audio quality for a good price, and not all desks out there fit that bill...so you have to be careful to make sure the desk in question "likes" being used in the studio. While the FIVE is great for this, not every mixing console out there is suitable for studio work, so that aspect requires some care to make sure the desk's configuration fits well.

Well, a week of vacation is coming up, so my problem may be a bit of poking around for some good deals. Soon, the rains will come and I want to be set up befor winter.