The thread name explains it all, first take of me trying for a cosmic drone + acid mashup:

https://stevehand.bandcamp.com/track/first-take-cosmic-acid-2

I think it turned out pretty good, but I'll probably do another take or two to tweak the intro a bit and try and get the drum feel a little more where I want it (I need to spend some time on this though, it seems tricky!). Also, like my other tries, this may still not be acid, but it's there in spirit 😆

Hope you all enjoy it!

Made with the below plus a DFAM for the kick:
ModularGrid Rack

Sounds great, and that filter is killer. It's almost got a Tangerine Acid Dream vibe at that tempo. Very cool take on the acid sound.

Yep, the VCFS is pretty rad, I'm still yes and no on the VCF303 (the rhythm part) but I need to save some room on envelopes in this rack so it's doing the job for now. I kinda felt the Krautrock vibes here too, I think I'm gonna give this sound a couple more gos, even aside from this track, definitely some potential there...

Thanks for listening as always!

Hi Steve,

Great stuff, I love the track. Ha, ha, and I like Farkas' reference to Tangerine Dream, it indeed sounds quite a bit here and there if Tangerine Dream was busy :-)

This track is very enjoyable! Thanks a lot for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

I need to listen to Tangerine Dream more @GarfieldModular, I was more a Neu! and Faust and Harmonia guy, but as always lots to explore in the world of great music. Anyway, I'm glad you liked the track, I worked on it a bit more tonight and think I have an even better version brewing. If it comes together I'll post it here again.

As always, thanks for listening!

Hah? No Cluster? "Zuckerzeit" rocks my shiznit 299%!!!! And it was very much part of the proto-techno intake by the Belleville Three...tracks such as "Caramel", "Heisse Lippen" and "Rotor" are very much part of techno's DNA!

I gotta check Cluster out more too @Lugia, I actually had a live set very enthusiastically compared to them way back in like 2008 (edited to add, it was a good set, but not that good lol) when I was making weird micro noise drone pop in max/msp (the more things change, etc, etc...) but I never took the time and now I feel bad about it lol. It's looking like it's gonna be a krautrock week...

The Eno and Cluster collaborations are pretty cool too. I love all of that kind of stuff.
My dad was a Tangerine Dream fan when I was growing up, so I've always appreciated Phaedra, Rubycon, Stratosfear, and the Sorcerer soundtrack. I recently got hip to Edgar Froese's "Stuntman" solo album. Can't believe I had never heard it before. Love it.

Pinnacles has been a fav of mine for a long time @farkas but I only realized Froese was in Tangerine Dream when @lugia posted those vids of them awhile back. Definitely good stuff, I'll check out Eno and Cluster too.