I recorded some long loops into Ableton and arranged it like a dj session. I wish I could do it all from the modular instead of using the computer, but I think I would need a few more voices and mixers to do it all in just one take.

Hi Exposure,

Wow, 20+ minutes :-) As you might know I am not too much of a Techno person, however I do feel your track is pretty good here because for a Techno track, you have tons of variations and interesting sounds used here and that's not always very common with (classic) Techno. With the 20+ minutes you fulfil a "very important new requirement" here on this forum (drones should be at least 17 minutes long), only turning it into a drone/ambient kind of thing and then it's perfect ;-)

Thanks a lot for sharing this and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Nice! I've been working on some long form acid jams myself, if only I could remember to record them...

Hahaha yes, 20 minutes is not a short one. I must say this one started out as a drone but clearly something went wrong along the line, I'll try hiding the drumbox next time so I'm not tempted to add a kick on it.

I enjoyed it a lot! Although for "proper" techno I think you need a stronger kick, maybe this is the influence of the drone origin?

Ah the kick, yes, you're right. I probably went with a softer kick because of the drone origin.

Also, I'm still having a bit of trouble mixing the kick drums, it usually gets lost in the lower frequencies and I have a hard time making it cut through the bass, so using a softer kick with shorter decay time made the mixing a bit easier. Then I also added some EQ in the DAW to remove some frequencies and make it fit better with the rest of the sounds.

Overall I think it sounds better than in my other mixes, though it doesn't sound strong enough for a proper techno track. Yeah, that's something I'm still working on and needs some improvements.

Oh don't get me wrong -- it's a great mix, and everything comes through very well. In a sense, it's quite old school, like before the "rules" of techno were quite so ossified. I mean, compare any modern techno record to this :

Juan FTW! Quite a thing to compare ones own work to, though...it's almost like being a beginning modern-day poet, but having to 1:1 compare your work with Shakespeare's sonnets!

Listened to this again the other day @Exposure, really good work, hopefully we hear more soon.

Juan FTW! Quite a thing to compare ones own work to, though...it's almost like being a beginning modern-day poet, but having to 1:1 compare your work with Shakespeare's sonnets!
-- Lugia

Well I really only intended to compare to Shakespeare's kick drum, as it were...

Yeah. Some things happened here. All came together rather nicely. Really nice session!

this user has left ModularGrid

Would love to see a live video of you jamming on your setups.

Thanks @mowse, much appreciated.

@sacguy71 I haven't recorded any video yet but it's something I would like to try out.